Chain Tensioner Ebay chain tensioner, anyone use this before?

Androosky

Local time
8:42 AM
Link says it all, interested if anyone has any feedback on this seller/product and its effectiveness.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/49-66-80cc-...hash=item2a3020ccd1:m:m-b3lt30KT8w_ql7lB4QDvw

s-l1600.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've seen folks use that & have chain go way slack when coasting or downhill - I've seen other folks use that along with regular tensioner & it then works fairly well.

I have one on my bike, I love it! It is much quieter, has a much better, long-lasting wheel, and just plain looks better. Quality and fit is excellent. Turbobuick is a good vendor who ships promptly and stands behind what he sells. Crassius is right, the chain will go slack when you let off the throttle, but doesn't seem to affect reliability or performance. This setup is especially effective if your rear sprocket isn't perfectly straight, (few are) and will self-adjust to any irregularities. The one downside I found was the added width, I got a wider crank to clear it, plus my aftermarket exhaust, but you may be able to do a little judicious grinding for clearance.

Back