Ebay "issue"

Vikingimike01

Local time
7:28 PM
Hey forum!

I have a question about ebay.

I bought an ebike kit from ebay for 850 USD. The seller promised to ship 4 times, out of those he failed to shio 4 times. The product was not shipped for 3 weeks after purchase, and today is the last day of the estimated shipping time. He still didn't ship it, but he sent me the user manual now, and said he has it in stock.

I can ask ebay to step in untill april 23. If he does ship, but it doesn't arrive, I will do the "item not recieved" step no matter what to prevent myself from getting scammed. But. If it was shipped, and then it arrives, and I did get refunded, what should I do? What if I don't have the money on the bank card anymore, and can't pay it back?

850 pretty steep for a ebike kit i would refund it if you cant sort the issue out and get your money back you could call your card company and tell them the situation they deal with the issues sometimes or deal with ebay and request a refund

Yeah, it is a QS-205 kit. 5000W, 16kw peak. Pretty powerful.
I'm defenetly going to wait untill april 22 just to be safe. And if it isn't here I'll ask ebay to step in. But, what if it does arrive after I'm paid, and I have no means of paying the seller back?

If he still hasn't shipped it, then claim your refund now. He won't refund the money until he has to, which will be weeks from when you claim your refund.
Don't worry about what might happen if it arrives. He hasn't shipped it.

I do a lot of ebaying, and the seller agrees to ship the part to arrive within the stated time frame. if by 4/23 you haven't recd your item, and you ask ebay to step in, they contact the seller themself to discover if it is proven to be already shipped.
if it had not, and seller does not convince them, they report to you what the findings are and refund you from their self and deal with the seller legally. you may receive the item later, esp if it's from Asia but it's paid for. Ebay takes on the loss and goes after the seller, who can still prove it was sent after you get it, that's when communication from you and seller come into play. Ebay will then call off the dogs and everyone's happy.
they don't play games. PayPal will freeze the sellers acct, allow only refund to you until it's resolved and if not, Ebay/PayPal refund you and go after the seller themself.

sorry if that's a little jumbly. I have been thru 3 of the 4 possible scenarios when something hasn't arrived on time. in all cases, I got my money back, in 1 case, I got the money and the item

I do a lot of ebaying, and the seller agrees to ship the part to arrive within the stated time frame. if by 4/23 you haven't recd your item, and you ask ebay to step in, they contact the seller themself to discover if it is proven to be already shipped.
if it had not, and seller does not convince them, they report to you what the findings are and refund you from their self and deal with the seller legally. you may receive the item later, esp if it's from Asia but it's paid for. Ebay takes on the loss and goes after the seller, who can still prove it was sent after you get it, that's when communication from you and seller come into play. Ebay will then call off the dogs and everyone's happy.
they don't play games. PayPal will freeze the sellers acct, allow only refund to you until it's resolved and if not, Ebay/PayPal refund you and go after the seller themself.

sorry if that's a little jumbly. I have been thru 3 of the 4 possible scenarios when something hasn't arrived on time. in all cases, I got my money back, in 1 case, I got the money and the item

That happened a lot on Wish. We bought hundreds of items, half of it didn't arrive and we got refunded, quarter we actually got after refund.

What the seller replied when asking when he can ship:

Last edited:
hmm 96.4%, little low for typical China dealer but only 1 or 2 less than positive for past few months.
further reply, I'd say ship what you have and send the rest when it comes or give me a partial refund

good sign he's communicating. figures he's reselling things from suppliers who aren't manufactures themselves. very common and they know little about the stuff they sell but that's all he sells = good sign he's on the up n up

Back