Ebay spring loaded chain tensioner

The hub adaptor are the best way to go.i would get one a lot safer. The top tensioner is the easier to work right. You also can buy them with more holes. Like dparnti13 said earlier then you don’t have to drill holes. The 2 things spring tensioner and hub adaptor is the safest. Beside Tyler no tensioner is better. Well if can’t get them and haven to use stock. Please use stronger bolt on both of them and blue lock tite . Check them bolts regular. Stay safe

The hub adaptor are the best way to go.i would get one a lot safer. The top tensioner is the easier to work right. You also can buy them with more holes. Like dparnti13 said earlier then you don’t have to drill holes. The 2 things spring tensioner and hub adaptor is the safest. Beside Tyler no tensioner is better. Well if can’t get them and haven to use stock. Please use stronger bolt on both of them and blue lock tite . Check them bolts regular. Stay safe
I didn't say one was better than the other. I've never used a spring tensioner, hell, some people don't even use any tensioner at all. On one of my bikes I use a sprocket adapter and a stock tensioner and it runs great.

I didn't say one was better than the other. I've never used a spring tensioner, hell, some people don't even use any tensioner at all. On one of my bikes I use a sprocket adapter and a stock tensioner and it runs great.

Just like with many of these Ebay parts, I'd usually find that they would require a little 'massaging' for it to fit or to function as intended so having a background in automotive and/or fabrications would definitely come in handy...

Or

Are they any good? I have problem with regular tensioner that my sprocket is not alligned 100% but maybe has 2 mm difference and because of that my chain is loose and then when I turn wheel a bit, chain gets a lot tighter. Do you think this would help me?
Yes it will work also may want to check rear sprocket is centered but some bikes cant do it spring tensioner way to go

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I made both of them myself. Basically just blew up the picture on a computer screen and traced it. Using the side cover as a guide. But Ive been using the outside mounted tensioner for over a year with zero issues.. except one which is that stupid nylon roller.. get rid of it and use the sprocket style roller. As far as the inner mounted one goes, it looks cool but it's way too close to the chain for my comfort.. now I remember why I didn't finish it.. never got around to cutting a side cover down to fill the gap instead of using nuts as spacers.. that's called laziness. Anyway.. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20230101_025705.jpg
    20230101_025705.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 20230101_031024.jpg
    20230101_031024.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 117
I made both of them myself. Basically just blew up the picture on a computer screen and traced it. Using the side cover as a guide. But Ive been using the outside mounted tensioner for over a year with zero issues.. except one which is that stupid nylon roller.. get rid of it and use the sprocket style roller. As far as the inner mounted one goes, it looks cool but it's way too close to the chain for my comfort.. now I remember why I didn't finish it.. never got around to cutting a side cover down to fill the gap instead of using nuts as spacers.. that's called laziness. Anyway.. Hope this helps
Nice job.

FWIW, I would look into chain upgrade as well.. I had a few of the cheaper 415 chains break links or just stretch out extremely fast.. it's like $40 on Amazon but I've been using the Pro Taper 415MX chain for close to a year. I love it! Just keep it lubed and it'll last a lot longer than those $15-20 chains.. keep in mind too that those don't have the pins you can just press out with the little tool. These you have to grind the end off so don't cut it short cuz it's a nightmare trying to add a link back into it.

Back