Ebike from Hybrid Bus Batteries Series....

how are u going to pedal? did u rewire it for 48V? take it slow my friend.
I am not going to pedal. thats the point. Each module is 12s x 3.2 = 40 volts. I am not going to rewire for 48. I will just run 40 volts (45 full charge) for now... If 40 volts is too slow, I will wire for 80v

I am not going to pedal. thats the point. Each module is 12s x 3.2 = 40 volts. I am not going to rewire for 48. I will just run 40 volts (45 full charge) for now... If 40 volts is too slow, I will wire for 80v

the other thing you can do and its not ideal. ideal is to rewire for 48v. but you can get one of the dc-dc step up converter to go from 40V to a constant 52V or whatever is top voltage for the controller. these things run up to 1000W. there will be some cut off at higher watts but if you keep it cool and like at 750W it will work. a few people do this with the 36V scooter packs to work for 48V, 52V ebikes. I actually have a spare one unused you can have. but make sure u fiddle with the dials as i think I might have changed some of them.

i think this will work better than having you always max out your pack to get any decent speed. let me know if you want it and then msg me ur address.

EDIT: it is brand new. though i turned the dials a bit. so double check on dummy batteries first.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks Bakaneko. That is an extremely generous offer I will have to take you up on it. If you want, I can print out, "Sponsored by Bakaneko" or a anything you want, in size 100 font and put it on the battery pack side...

Thanks Bakaneko. That is an extremely generous offer I will have to take you up on it. If you want, I can print out, "Sponsored by Bakaneko" or a anything you want, in size 100 font and put it on the battery pack side...

i packaged it up this morning and will drop it off after work today. i also added some xt60 parallel wires that you can cut up to make xt60 connections and a 36V (44V charge) charger that I am also not using. I got a ton of chargers... that charger should bring ur batteries to a good enough charge. one of the things with big batteries is that depending on your commute there is no need to charge it to full all the time. im like 65-50% SOC range. that link is the step up converter. i suggest you use the 36V charger as a dummy to get the settings just right ie 52V and max amps output and wires soldered and protected.

@bakaneko, the package just arrived today. Thank you very very very very very very very much. I am going to order a bms today cause my aurdino thing is too complicated for now. I express much gratitutude toward your gift. Thanks so much. I might have to send you a CNC little nick nack thing once i figure out more about my cnc machine and the software, still green and new on using it... again thanks very much

@bakaneko, the package just arrived today. Thank you very very very very very very very much. I am going to order a bms today cause my aurdino thing is too complicated for now. I express much gratitutude toward your gift. Thanks so much. I might have to send you a CNC little nick nack thing once i figure out more about my cnc machine and the software, still green and new on using it... again thanks very much

yeah, np, i look forward to your cnc nick nack. i know how to use a cnc and program it too and want to get one of those cheap ebay ones to make wooden panel designs and parts for my ebikes. take a look at this video its not the same cells but the methodology, cleanliness, and safety isolation is important.

im still a battery building noob and will rebuild mine next year. but i think its important to learn the steps to properly isolate wires, battery terminals, and components before they are connected. remember our batteries are being constantly jostled and shaken on the road.

Just a thought...

Could a person use the battery cases as part of the frame if they are made of steel....

Basically use 1 case for the lower angle bar,,, the other as a top post...

Or make your own specialty case and swap the insides guts into it...

Easy too make a battery case out of light weight metals,,, fold and pop rivet the ends...

Just a thought too compress the package with in the bike frame...

Don
??????????????????????
Yes and No....
It depends on the engineering...
With a regular tubular frame, we already have a triangle truss, that is a tried and true design that works for the past 100 years, and is strong....
IF you decide to eliminate that and have some battery box, and you don't run the load calculations and torques and stuff properly, you risk selling a bike that is inferior in strength....
Although it is possible that a battery box bike could be stronger... Id have too look at the design but, a box is like a regular tube beam but is much taller and wider, increasing the overall moment of inertia of the beam, increasing the strength significantly if done correctly.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back