ebike time?

The batteries are the coming down in price. 36 volt batteries are getting really affordable. I might have to unwrap the vinyl off of the lead on my lady's bicycle and put a new fuel bank on it one of these days.

The batteries are the coming down in price. 36 volt batteries are getting really affordable. I might have to unwrap the vinyl off of the lead on my lady's bicycle and put a new fuel bank on it one of these days.

guys, ill try to do the used quality ev battery build this spring. it will be $100 per kwH before shipping and bms. the 18650 packs from retail sellers are atrocious; its like $500-1000 per kwH. Retarded. Even LTO, which is like $300 kwH is better than that s**t. and LTO, while is bigger, has huge current potential and 20000 cycles and can be operated year round with no range affects.

but i will just do EV for now. i am gonna do 4-6 kwH and try to get a 300 mi @ 20mph real world range.

guys, ill try to do the used quality ev battery build this spring. it will be $100 per kwH before shipping and bms. the 18650 packs from retail sellers are atrocious; its like $500-1000 per kwH. Retarded. Even LTO, which is like $300 kwH is better than that sh*t. and LTO, while is bigger, has huge current potential and 20000 cycles and can be operated year round with no range affects.

but i will just do EV for now. i am gonna do 4-6 kwH and try to get a 300 mi @ 20mph real world range.
Low c rate tho. Wh/kg? Mine were around $230/kWh high c low Wh/kg. I’m happy to have 40 miles if that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Low c rate tho. Wh/kg? Mine were around $230/kWh high c low Wh/kg. I’m happy to have 40 miles if that.

Volvo LG Chem 59.2V 2kWh for $200 (no ship) with 170A max continous (5c) and charge 102A charge (3c) with burst of 340A (10c). Weight = 26.75lb or 12kg = 166.6 Wh/kg. no way charging at 102A...

that is a good price though tony01. i think with ship and bms and etc. it be closer to $150/kWh.

Last edited:
Volvo LG Chem 59.2V 2kWh for $200 (no ship) with 170A max continous (5c) and charge 102A charge (3c) with burst of 340A (10c). Weight = 26.75lb or 12kg = 166.6 Wh/kg. no way charging at 102A...

that is a good price though tony01. i think with ship and bms and etc. it be closer to $150/kWh.
Sounds like your pack is closer to what I need. I’m at 100wh/kg and I don’t need a damn 25c discharge. 10c on a pack that size for that price is great. My regen will push about 110a charge max tho it can be turned down. You got a link?

Edit. I found them. I’d get two and make a 21s and sell the remaining 11s. Or 3 modules for 21s2p. In which case it would be better to sacrifice some more C for better Wh/kg. I could live with less than 5c on an 68ah pack...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your pack is closer to what I need. I’m at 100wh/kg and I don’t need a damn 25c discharge. 10c on a pack that size for that price is great. My regen will push about 110a charge max tho it can be turned down. You got a link?

Edit. I found them. I’d get two and make a 21s and sell the remaining 11s. Or 3 modules for 21s2p. In which case it would be better to sacrifice some more C for better Wh/kg. I could live with less than 5c on an 68ah pack...

https://batteryhookup.com/collections/module-madness/products/volvo-16s-59-2v-2kwh-lg-chem

been checkin on this site for a while now. the dimension of this battery is the best ive seen for ebike and manageable. i was thinking 3 in parallel for 6 kwh, 1 on top tube, and two over the side of top tube hanging on either side. i have a bike in mind too for this. i am not quite ready to hit the button, but there is shipping so buying one is not economical. they have free pick up in Bensalem, PA 19020. that of course dont work for me... they say battery has above 90% capacity left.

yeh if you do this first. please document it fully for me and us. i can show you what i had in mind for a bike if you want but its just me thinking. when i do do it i hope this battery is still there, but with my luck ill have to wait...

Back