ebike time?

500 watt slow charge with my $127 backpack charger. Don’t need a 350watt grin charger for $400 This one does up to 1100w and the bigger one at my house is three 500w power supplies in series that I seen do 2300w when I blew the current control pot and it only cost me $105
Faulty thinking by someone counting pennies... and riding out of a garage daily. $127 here, $105 there and you're already over halfway to the cost of a Satiator, and this doesn't even count the 3 potential fire-bombs strung together "at home". Start with a Satiator, use it on all batteries, at multiple voltages and amps, fully water-proof, physically smaller than most cheap chargers (big bonus for touring), but best of all you don't have to worry about burning the house down with a POS Chinese low-end charger. Most chargers that come with lithium packs are designed to wear the batteries out as fast as possible by charging to the max voltage... they want you to go through batteries quickly. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Faulty thinking by someone counting pennies... and riding out of a garage daily. $127 here, $105 there and you're already over halfway to the cost of a Satiator, and this doesn't even count the 3 potential fire-bombs strung together "at home". Start with a Satiator, use it on all batteries, at multiple voltages and amps, fully water-proof, physically smaller than most cheap chargers (big bonus for touring), but best of all you don't have to worry about burning the house down with a POS Chinese low-end charger. Most chargers that come with lithium packs are designed to wear the batteries out as fast as possible by charging to the max voltage... they want you to go through batteries quickly. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Your so called premium cells have a far from premium trait in that they catch fire when s**t happens. My cheap 2kwh 600a discharge battery I built myself from pouch cells for $400 does not blow. The cells just puff and smoke a bit or not at all when they go bad.

I set my max voltage to half a volt under to account for misbalancing.

The psu’s in my 3s charger are weakest in the fan plug on the board. When the connection is poor the psu shuts off automatically to prevent overheating. Also they are severely underrated. 35v caps on a 24v rated supply with 3 shunts for 10a each. Think I will cut one to limit them to 500w each and not rely on the current control circuit. This big charger lives at work now.

I will see what my riding habits are like when i build up my new battery with 60ah pouch cells. Cheap at $600 for 4.4kwh. Also may setup a j1772 onboard charger of 2500 watts for about $300 so I don’t have to search for 110v plugs in public like a hobo... which is probably what you look like with your rig hahahah. I’d prefer to charge next to a Tesla, wear my normal clothes, riding jacket and gear, and no backpack or cargo of any kind

Wow once again you have no clue! The battery chemistry of any lithium type cell doesn't like to be fully charged and left idle so the 80% charge is what is known as a storage state charge to help maintain battery life,the problem with this is that the last 20% of the capacity gets soft and doesn't hold it's peak voltage as well and can lead to bad memory conditioning. Regardless of what charger you use it's the bms that manages the cells and most bms are s**t made for idiot's that don't know how to cycle the cells properly for the best performance and lifespan.A bms limit's the current both ways so unless you know the spec's of the bms being used a high rate charger may not actually be doing anything but cooking the bms!The 18650 cell packs that you use with the factory bms don't monitor each cell they only read each pole witch is the leading cause of battery failure due to the other cells now trying to make up the difference and being pushed beyond their intended spec's and full voltage never again attainable nor will the discharge amperage be as high as it should be witch means you see it in loss of performance.

Your so called premium cells have a far from premium trait in that they catch fire when sh*t happens. My cheap 2kwh 600a discharge battery I built myself from pouch cells for $400 does not blow. The cells just puff and smoke a bit or not at all when they go bad.

I set my max voltage to half a volt under to account for misbalancing.

The psu’s in my 3s charger are weakest in the fan plug on the board. When the connection is poor the psu shuts off automatically to prevent overheating. Also they are severely underrated. 35v caps on a 24v rated supply with 3 shunts for 10a each. Think I will cut one to limit them to 500w each and not rely on the current control circuit. This big charger lives at work now.

I will see what my riding habits are like when i build up my new battery with 60ah pouch cells. Cheap at $600 for 4.4kwh. Also may setup a j1772 onboard charger of 2500 watts for about $300 so I don’t have to search for 110v plugs in public like a hobo... which is probably what you look like with your rig hahahah. I’d prefer to charge next to a Tesla, wear my normal clothes, riding jacket and gear, and no backpack or cargo of any kind
When I charge using the Satiator I simply pull it out and connect to a battery. I can charge at 8 amps and the packs drink it up with no stress at all. Over 20 amps in just over 3 hours that almost 1200W. When I'm not close to 120V outlets I can use an adapter to plug the Satiator into a pay EV station at 220V, it still charges at 8 amps so it not any quicker but they are easy to find if necessary. The real advantage is a 300W folding solar panel, it lets me charge anywhere I am. I've never worried about looks and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks but I have people stop me or come walking over to talk most anywhere I go, and I never carry anything on my back but good sipping whiskey. Now smell... is a different issue. :)

It is an Electra Townie. It is proprietary, but the deal I got on it made me buy it. It only has a 250Watt motor so It is in the Class 1 ebikes. It only goes 20mph. It is good if you still want to get some exercise, because you have to pedal it for the assist to kick in. It has four modes on it (Eco, Sport, Tour, and Turbo) and gets a range of 20 to 100 miles depending on mode and terrain.
Better buy a few more batteries if you want to do that century.

Last edited:
Back