ebike time?

yeh if you do this first. please document it fully for me and us. i can show you what i had in mind for a bike if you want but its just me thinking. when i do do it i hope this battery is still there, but with my luck ill have to wait...
I looked at the pictures a little better. Not gonna do it. I’ll go hobbyking rc packs before I do another pouch cell build. Just have to make a big wiring harness. These packs are great as is though being 16s. It’s enough, get up to 70mph easy.

I looked at the pictures a little better. Not gonna do it. I’ll go hobbyking rc packs before I do another pouch cell build. Just have to make a big wiring harness. These packs are great as is though being 16s. It’s enough, get up to 70mph easy.

okay, cool. what motor are you using? I am kinda stumped. Economically, I should use my current ebike with the 3kW Cyclone on it already for these batteries but I really don't want to break down the battery-gas generator hybrid build. its one of a kind and with some paneling work would look real nice. still needs a new battery though.

which means, i need a new bike and new motor. man... hard to decide what to do.

https://batteryhookup.com/collections/module-madness/products/volvo-16s-59-2v-2kwh-lg-chem

been checkin on this site for a while now. the dimension of this battery is the best ive seen for ebike and manageable. i was thinking 3 in parallel for 6 kwh, 1 on top tube, and two over the side of top tube hanging on either side. i have a bike in mind too for this. i am not quite ready to hit the button, but there is shipping so buying one is not economical. they have free pick up in Bensalem, PA 19020. that of course dont work for me... they say battery has above 90% capacity left.
oh my god. i can take the train 1 mi from my house and take it to trenton or phili which is real close to bensalem pa. I might have to go here for builds....Thanks bakeno

...It is a Trek Marlin 7 with a CSC 1500watt motor and a 52Volt battery. Here is a picture of it........
I'd assume the worst.... the (too small) battery is cooked and will need to be replaced at a time that doing so is problematic. The motor has been worked to the point that you won't get much "trouble-free" operation. The fork will need to be rebuilt. God only knows how much wear has gone into the gearing.

If you want an ebike that you plan on riding, thousands of miles, something that you can use in addition to a car, then don't put money into something that is questionable. Find the perfect bike for how you plan on riding, either new or serviced and then put $2000 dollars into it... BaFang BBSXX mid-drive (hub-motors are Not the way to go), the largest battery that will fit in the frame (30Ah lithium pack suggested), control interface of your choice, and a Grin Satiator. $2000.00 and "your" perfect bike and you will have a better ebike than any production ebike sold today.

That's what I did.

okay, cool. what motor are you using? I am kinda stumped. Economically, I should use my current ebike with the 3kW Cyclone on it already for these batteries but I really don't want to break down the battery-gas generator hybrid build. its one of a kind and with some paneling work would look real nice. still needs a new battery though.

which means, i need a new bike and new motor. man... hard to decide what to do.
Hub-motors blow.

Basset man if its 52v, 20ah, it should be ok///// They have a bms to prevent cooking, unless of course you are trying to use your batteries as a camping stove, id suppose you would have nothing to worry about.

Basset man if its 52v, 20ah, it should be ok///// They have a bms to prevent cooking, unless of course you are trying to use your batteries as a camping stove, id suppose you would have nothing to worry about.
Regardless of the type/quality of the BMS installed in the pack (and there are many) the battery could be used up. Fully charged to fully depleted 3-400 times and it's no longer worth using. A 20Ah pack only has 12Ah of usable charge if you only use 60% of the capacity... charge to 80%, don't deplete past 20%. With that battery usage, you could get in excess of 1200 recharge cycles. Also the larger the pack the faster you can store a charge in it without stressing the battery.

"... id suppose you would have nothing to worry about."

Sup-pose
verb
1. assume that something is the case on the basis of evidence of probability but without proof or certain knowledge.

Simular: belief surmise guess idea notion conjecture speculation

I choose not to suppose anything when I don't have to. And anyone that thinks they can get an ebike that's worth buying for $500.00 is most probably wrong.

Regardless of the type/quality of the BMS installed in the pack (and there are many) the battery could be used up. Fully charged to fully depleted 3-400 times and it's no longer worth using. A 20Ah pack only has 12Ah of usable charge if you only use 60% of the capacity... charge to 80%, don't deplete past 20%. With that battery usage, you could get in excess of 1200 recharge cycles. Also the larger the pack the faster you can store a charge in it without stressing the battery.

"... id suppose you would have nothing to worry about."

Sup-pose
verb
1. assume that something is the case on the basis of evidence of probability but without proof or certain knowledge.

Simular: belief surmise guess idea notion conjecture speculation

I choose not to suppose anything when I don't have to. And anyone that thinks they can get an ebike that's worth buying for $500.00 is most probably wrong.
If you want to play grammer, and semantics, then i will say "It was under my understanding that xyz.....". though personally, we dont really need any more grammar police in this world...

That is true, they have ratings of 1000 cycles, and just like SSD's in laptops, the larger the capacity the more reads/writes they can perform to an extent, making them last longer than smaller capacity. Further, you can extend the cycle ratings by charging to a lower voltage and then not draining it completely, just like phone batteries where you can like 3x the life by charging to 90% and draining to no lower than 60%. There of course is optimization graphs, but i would not stress out over these things, especially with 500$, the motor and bike are already 400$, battery retail around 300$, - 20% depreciation or whatever equals 400-500 bucks so its all PrICeD In.... as the finance people / efficient market hypothesis ppl say.

It's not worth the the extra effort or money in equipment for "partial charge" to "partial discharge". Only if your going to store your bike for more than week you should ride it to 80 percent. Then at least once a month charge it and ride it to 80 percent. Charge it, ride it, enjoy it. Your charger is already under your batteries "max voltage" and your lvc is already higher than your safe "low voltage".

It's not worth the the extra effort or money in equipment for "partial charge" to "partial discharge". Only if your going to store your bike for more than week you should ride it to 80 percent. Then at least once a month charge it and ride it to 80 percent. Charge it, ride it, enjoy it. Your charger is already under your batteries "max voltage" and your lvc is already higher than your safe "low voltage".
I agree. But i was just trying to make a case because someone was alluding that the batteries were already used up cycle wise, so i said if youre that concerned, might as well buy it and do the 80/60 to get more cycles. But personanly i wouldnt do it.

Back