EBike Toolbox - Bargains! $

I added a smaller Southpaw freewheel to my Currie wheel and It did give a nice boost in speed. Why add a freewheel to the Currie reduction box? I guess it may allow you to use the Currie motor in a mid-drive position, driving the crankset.

Last edited:
Finally I found some cheap Brush controllers ... as test items for me.
Units appear to be identical.
Thermal limits and current limit (27A +-) are identical.
Likely, units use identical components, 63V caps etc, except for LVC circuits.
Possibly, there is no HVC limit. This would allow 24V unit to run at 24-48V.
Regardless, I'm hoping to be able to identify the LVC and HVC circuit-components as simple differences between units.
I would like cheap, simple, 22.2V - 48.1V multi-battery compatibility.

24V 500w controller - $14.24 20V LVC
36V 500w controller - $14.24 31.5V LVC
48V 500w controller - $14.24 40V LVC

viewImage

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
(1s - 7s) 5 in 1 RC Li-Fe Lipo Battery Voltage Balancer Meter Discharger LCD display - ~$8

Unlike a very similar previous posting, this does have continuous metering.
IR meter function works but should be used to compare like cells. (Same brand, capacity, model, charged voltage etc.)
Can't vouch for discharge or balance function.

Ideal for my 7s 25.9V 25.92Ah LiPo battery builds. Replaces 24V 10Ah (5-6Ah actual) oem SLA battery.
Will be mounted on my bars to monitor "fuel level" and bank voltages.
8 wire Ethernet cable adapts nicely.
Use multiple for more than 7s.

Testing battery drain (to operate continuously) with an old 3s 2000mAh RC LiPo.
Will post mAh use but should be negligible

UPDATE: 24+ hour run test showed "87% - 67%" discharge of 3s 1500mAh RC LiPo test pack. ~300mAh/day continuous run.
Most important was that discharge was even over the 3 cells.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I added a smaller Southpaw freewheel to my Currie wheel and It did give a nice boost in speed. Why add a freewheel to the Currie reduction box? I guess it may allow you to use the Currie motor in a mid-drive position, driving the crankset.
MY1018z fits between most cranks.
Which means it can be used in conjunction with a freewheel crank as a 7-8spd middrive.
Adding "freewheel to the Currie reduction box" allows pedal or motor or both.

Cheap Infrared Meter
Don't singe your fingers!
- $12.33 + $1.29ship

Alloy - Aero Bars
Great price! Simple bolt on - of fair-reasonable quality.
<$20 - Shipped!

Alloy version for the 13 - 14 - 15t freewheel now Available!
Adds a freewheel sprocket to the Currie (eZip-iZip) gear reduction motors.
2024 Aluminum 11 mm ID with 4 mm key way Adaptor for freewheel sprocket 13, 14 & 15 tooth 30 mm x 1.0 OD - $19.95
- $19.95

120V 25A volt, watt, Ah + battery %
- $24.50

4 digit display 100th V capable - $3.89
Range: DC 4.50-30.00V ( Can Measure Voltage Directly )
Click on Picture
- $3.89

Avenir Pro Spoke Wrench Set
- $8.99
I have to post this because the flywheel adapter is a really important part and harder to find, as well as having a lot more uses for anybody using any type of motor on a bicycle, or anything with chains. The adapter is now located at: http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=1860 and is on sale for $14.43 (shipping out total at just under 20 dollars, at least to me..)
0080.jpg

Back