eBike with no pedals

TomyJ

Local time
12:58 AM
eBike with no pedals, Ca. DMV legal, no fee's or license's required, must be 16+.

Attachments

• eBike.JPG
    eBike.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 670
  • eBike TomyJ's2.jpg
    eBike TomyJ's2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 697
  • Tri Pod elec trike.JPG
    Tri Pod elec trike.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 646
eBike with no pedals, Ca. DMV legal, no fee's or license's required, must be 16+.
That is a "scooter" and not an eBike.
Ihere is no such ebike that has no pedals in the 3 ebike classes in CA. They all require functioning pedals.
A scooter requires a drivers license of any class.
Must wear a bicycle helmet.
True no registration required.

Many states are similar in that with pedals it's legal with minimum requirements. Remove the pedals then it's classified different and has many more requirements.

Ca. DMV Motorcycle Handbook 2016, Motorized bicycles or moped, page 2, and read class 2 again. The NEW handbooks should be out soon, it seems every year they are changing the rules, so I keep all of the past issues.

Attachments

• DMV Ca. Motorcycle HB 2016.jpg
    DMV Ca. Motorcycle HB 2016.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 604
Ca. DMV Motorcycle Handbook 2016, Motorized bicycles or moped, page 2, and read class 2 again. The NEW handbooks should be out soon, it seems every year they are changing the rules, so I keep all of the past issues.
The handbook is just an abreviation of CA laws and not the actual law definitions.

Your attempt to take what the Motorcycle Handbook says in Class 2 throttle ebikes not mentioning
that they also require functioning pedals is too ludicrous to take seriously.

Are you really that freaking stupid to think you found the big loophole that nobody else knew about???

Look up the actual laws you moron. Hint. They aren't in the handbook.......

Love the trikes and bikes you build. Looks like they would last forever. You might want to look a bit further into the whole pedal thing. I doubt that getting excited over something not fully explained in a handbook makes you freaking stupid or moronic, maybe a bit to quick to get your hopes up.

I feel like pointing my finger and yelling, "I learned a new phrase Ad Hominem, Ad Hominem" Had to check the spelling.

Back