Ebiking on Military Installations - Fereral Sovereignty vs State Regs

G

Guest-730566

I live in an e-bike unfriendly state. This is due to issues downstate in the big city. My Army installation is in the middle of nowhere and over 5 hours away. However, as with many of my state's laws, such as with gun regulation, I am stuck with laws as they are written for the big cities. That is just one piece of the puzzle.

The next piece of the puzzle is Federal Sovereignty vs State Primacy. My Installation only follows state regulations where absolutely required: Fish and Game - the state owns the animals, but the feds own the land and infrastructure; hunting and fishing - regulations must at least match those of the state; environmental/pollution standards; and vehicular/DMV registration requirements. This last topic still has uncertainty in that National Forests and National Parks have their own ebike regs regardless of their state. It is clear that my base is sovereign in many respects.

So my question remains: is there a federal policy on ebikes for military installations? If there is I will print the memorandum in case I am asked at the gate. I really don't think my Chain of Command has a clue on this one, and for me to ask is to get the lazy "no" answer. I want to be proactive and avoid that.

I don't think they care about a E bike just wear a helmet and a reflective vest on base and you should be good to go.
Retired USCG Wrench

Back