EHO35 & Staton Feul Tank & GEBE Setup

Wheres my dog

Local time
11:43 AM
Hello All,

Does anyone know if this fuel tank sold by Staton will install onto an EHO35 when used on a GEBE setup?

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=2863

Someone mentioned to me that this 24 ounce tank may not fit on the engine with the way the engine mounts to the GEBE setup...

I called Staton, and he was not sure... I called GEBE and left them a message....

Anyone with any insight to this?

hi wheres my dog,

your in luck. I bought the same tank/engine about 2 weeks ago,

In the first image you will see a s/rob attached to a gebe setup (bought used, ready for my next project)

IMG_1876.jpg
In the gebe setup the smaller tank is tucked up nicely away from the clutch face plate and allows room for the mounting arm.

this image is of the new engine with staton tank attached

IMG_1872.jpg

With the staton gas tank bolted into the new engine with the mounting bolts you can see that the mounting leg for the gebe kit might not fit as is, because it sticks out futher .I havnt tried mounting it to the gebe engine support so i am not sure if it would be a issue or not.

However if it was a problem some easy new fab mounts for the tank would be easy to make up,plenty of room to tinker with underneath.:cry:

Hope this helps, i have the parts sitting in the garage so any questions just ask..

Last edited:
I origanally purchased a Staton FD with the eho 35. Then converted it to a GEBE setup. Will it work? Yes. Is it a good setup? Not hardly.

when i get home later today,( work the grave shift....) i will go ahead and swap the engine out for you or at least do a mock up, the angle looks tight and i am not sure how much play there will be in the new tank.

Check back tomorrow evening and i should have tried it by then....

good news "wheres my dog" ...... IT FITS......:D

IMG_1881.jpg

this first snap is of the new tank attached to the engine block with just the drum enclosing attached.

IMG_1882.jpg

Next to mount the front plate, theres room face bolts not tight yet

IMG_1883.jpg

fully tightened the tank is fully pressed up against the leg but it fits !!!!yea!!!

(i didnt notice this when i was fitting it on there and before i took it apart again but it looks like the inside of the gas tank gets angled up slightly with the gebe support leg pressing snug against it, no biggie (the tank is reinforced around the bolt holes anyhow) but you might have to make sure the fuel line reachs the bottom if it is indeed at a slight angle.

I do recommend you take of the gebe faceplate first and then install the tank, get all the hoses connected to the carb and then snug the plate back on.

All thats needed for this project is the size 4mm allen and some blue thread glue.

Good Luck !!!!!!

when i get home later today,( work the grave shift....) i will go ahead and swap the engine out for you or at least do a mock up, the angle looks tight and i am not sure how much play there will be in the new tank.

Check back tomorrow evening and i should have tried it by then....

Vegas,

Thank you very very much for all the help and the pics you took....

Could you imagine the tension getting the new kit and the new engine and having to wait a few more days for a tank that would fit on it before I could ride it?????

Thank you for taking the time and helping me, much appreciated sir...

if you're anything like the rest of us, Wmd...you'd just zip-tie an oil-can on there until the tank showed up ;) i'm kidding, you can wait one day...right? :p

vegaspaddy...a nicely done and helpful post...as always.

a question referencing pic #2...is it doable to use small adapters with 2 holes 1/2" apart to completely clear the mounting-strap? in the pic it looks like there's plenty of room to the "left" to do that, and it seems to me that would be a good thing...but i have to defer to you because you have it in front of you & i don't :cool:

Last edited:
no worries,

it was my pleasure to help you DOG, when i first showed up around here there was a ton of people who helped me out threwout the learning curve,of using and modifying my setup, and i do hope that in the future you will be able to pass on learned knowledge and experiences !!!!!!!

(augi, bama RIP,((http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9208&d=1216163574)bamas mod)hive etc etc))

My next project is building a good lighting system as motorized bicycles have been classified as mops in NV,

goodluck with your build and lots of pics... YOUR GOING TO LOVE IT !!!!!

PS: buy some good allen keys as those bolts are torqued like crazy !!!!!!

yes,

it would be easy to move the tank if you are not to comfortable with it mounted so tightly, two small brackets of the right and an extra for support on the left would leave it pretty secure,

but as is, it does fit, it just depends if any wear down the road will effect the tank itself.
The good thing is that it does not effect the geomerty of the mounting arm.

The good thing is that it does not effect the geomerty of the mounting arm.
and yes that's the important part to keep in mind after all...thanks :)

Back