Electra Townie Balloon 7D with 2 Stroke

So here is the ever morphing townie with a 2 stroke, these are the latest pics. although it has a different carb on it now. I am breaking in a new engine, it's been alot of work up to this point. changed the front end including the handlebars, seat, added rack, custom engine mount of course, I have a custom muffler I"ll mount once I lean out the mix. it's just made out of 2 broken mufflers and some flex tube in between, but it puts the exhaust out behind me by the tensioner. I think the rich mix lets alot of oil build up in the u shaped flex tube section.

20150710_185305.jpg
Electa Townie 7D Balloon (1).jpgElecta Townie 7D Balloon (2).jpgElecta Townie 7D Balloon (3).jpg

I am still working on the fenders, both need modifying. especially the front with the rockshox on there now. I made a saddle bracket to go over the arch on the forks.

20151006_182552_resized.jpg20151006_181627.jpg

but with the struts mounted to the hub the bracket sits well above the fork arch, so I have another piece of the same steel and will make a new one. I am using goop, a black automotive goo that sets quite hard but not brittle. I use it on the underside of the gas tank and it works very well. I also used it to reinforce the fender struts with thread stock, the struts have a ridge style and in the hollow I cut to match and secured thread stock. at the ends of the ridge I have a few inches of heat shrink to add strength and help with vibration. geezer fenders on rockshox ought to be some what unique. once front is finished, I will match fender tail height with the back. that will require rotating the fender back, which will need a custom mount to secure the front end of rear fender.

as with everything on the bike, there is alot of checking and going over.

I had to switch from threaded to threadless headset to get a front suspension, I couldn't find springer forks to fit a 9 1/2" steer tube. even with a new uncut headtube on the rockshox it took an extension to get 2" more. so keeping an eye on all that. it's nice having the suspension, and with the seat for the rear suspension it rides quite nice. with the handle bars came quite a different handling feeling, not quite as agile. but I'm getting used to it.

so it's coming along and the end for now is in sight.

Back