Electric Impact

FrizzleFried

Local time
7:33 AM
Electric Impact...

...I do not own one. I think I probably want one. So I go looking. Knowing that I already have three Ryobi 18v batteries for other devices (weed trimmer, hedge trimmer)... I figure why not see if I can get just the tool. I figure I don't need anything big... I'll mostly be using it for these China Doll motors, etc...

I find....

$29.00... shipped to my home.

Seems like a 'no-brainer' to me..

Sold.

ScreenHunter 593.jpg

Buy a Milwaukee m12 impact. Cant got wrong with their warranty if a occassion arises. Plus I think they are some of the best out there. They got 1 of the industries best warranty if it needed to be used. Plus I think the give a 3 & 5 year warranty on their batterys depending on which batts are purchased.

The reason I like milwaukee m12 stuff is the package size. Its 1 of the most compact & powerful impacts on the market for their size. Second is they got a great warranty, which I've never had to use. They offer multiple drive versions to.
Screenshot_20230220-114950_Chrome.jpg

My philosophy on tools is: how much are you going to use it and what are your expectations?
There you go. I don't think I'll use the tool all that much (i've gotten away with living 50 years without owning one)... and really don't wanna spend much dough on one. $29.00 is throw-away money... if it dies from my use... I then know I need something sturdier.

:D

I would say, if you plan on using it for any car work, go for Milwaukee. We have a couple 18v impact drivers and they are tough and get the job done everytime.

If it's for light duty, i.e. bike stuff, go Ryobi I guess.

As diesel said though, Milwaukee has the best products all around for this stuff and it won't let you down.

The ryobi stuff is great for the price. I have the Milwaukee M18 stuff, and I have both the Surge and standard 1/4 drive. The surge is a hydraulic version, much lower torque (37ft-lbs max) but drives that almost constantly, and us great for lighter jobs. The standard one is stupidly powerful. Breaks free very tightly torqued hardware, and easily drives upwards of 150ft-lbs on max setting. Likely more if held.

Back