Electric Impact

All those impacts are neat. From my experience a ratchet type can get into more spaces then a gun type. Something to ponder when working on autos if you only have 1 electric.
The only downfall to the ratchet type is a lack of power vs the gun style. Other than that, yes, they are quite handy

Have any of you ever used a Hammerhead 90° air impact. They are wicked, look like a ratchet but are a impact. I think milwaukee might have released their own cordless version of it. Here is a pic of said hammerhead.
Screenshot_20230221-125328_Chrome.jpg

Haven't used a hammerhead impact yet.
I do have a 3/8” drive Milwaukee Fuel M18 impact… 210ft/lbs torque.
It breaks the lugs on my truck fairly easy. I love that tool. It’s bad a$$.
It’s small and powerful…
Stuff on the bike..it has to stay on lowest setting or it’ll wring it off.
Ask me how I know. Wasn’t paying attention and stripped a crankshaft magnet nut. 🙄

BTW is it strange my impact cant turn 66 cc China girl engine fast enough to start it?
No. Impact guns aren't about speed, but torque. They sacrifice high rate of turning for an increased gear reduction to increase force that then translates to the anvil, giving more torque. A Drill is better suited to starting an engine.
Haven't used a hammerhead impact yet.
I do have a 3/8” drive Milwaukee Fuel M18 impact… 210ft/lbs torque.
It breaks the lugs on my truck fairly easy. I love that tool. It’s bad a$$.
It’s small and powerful…
Stuff on the bike..it has to stay on lowest setting or it’ll wring it off.
Ask me how I know. Wasn’t paying attention and stripped a crankshaft magnet nut. 🙄
Ever heard of the M18 Frankenstein? A Youtuber took the 1/4" impact gun I have and swapped in the 1/2" Anvil from the M18 impact gun, resulting combination makes more torque than your 3/8" impact and my 1/4 drive impact, which are both rated for about the same torque.

The impacts I have are the Earthquake XT from harbor freight. It's an awesome impact with amazing power. I'd suggest you get one of those. And the impact you are looking at is an impact driver, not an impact. You need adapters for sockets. The impact drivers are awesome for screws and what not, but for rattling loose old rusted bolts, they don't work the best for.

Back