Electric kit recommendations

Frankenstein

Deceased - Frankenstein 1991 - 2018
Local time
3:17 AM
Where the TV show forensic files is produced.
OK so I detest electric but that's beside the point, my wife would like a motorized bicycle, and the issues and oil and loudness ect are just not for her, I also don't want her to have to deal with bus drivers refusing her service if she wanted to put the bike on the front (they have some belief that a half gallon of gas on the front of the bus is equal to carrying a bomb that will probably detonate for no reason)

I need ideas towards an electric kit, I think a front hub would be my best option, since it doesn't require gearing to be right to lessen damage done to the motor, and can be pedaled with easily.

I'm not looking at wanting to spend more than 1000 on it, unless it's very reliable and strong. Also need roughly 20 miles distance from it, lots of hills in between. Hopefully compatible with front suspension too.

Ideas? Let me know please.

Search the Craig's List or Kijiji listings for used Schwinn Izip bikes. I have 2.

This full size 26" 7spd bike is solid and it rolls along easy. It goes easily 15 miles on its 24v battery. Much more if you pedal. Pay $150-$300 depending on battery and bike condition. Batteries are about $100 to replace if you know where to look. That China Girl motor is just propped in there for a trial fit. Top speed is barely 20mph on battery and not much faster pedaling. A comfortable touring pace when you want to see the scenery. I love it in hilly cities and towns.
full

This is the girlfriend's Izip folder. Single speed and a hub motor and runs off the same battery. Only about 15 mph max and about 10 miles range. She loves the step thru frame and it rides and handles nice in city and trail.
full

Steve

Back