Electric rider about to dip toes into gasoline...

Velocitor

Local time
8:32 PM
hi all, new here. here's my work in progress, a mongoose salvo comp in Large with a modified GNG "crank drive" motor at 1300 watts:

leIFJxk.jpg

zcvVtFJ.jpg

hoping to build a gas bike soon

hi all, new here. here's my work in progress, a mongoose salvo comp in Large with a modified GNG "crank drive" motor at 1300 watts:
hoping to build a gas bike soon
Nice.
I am a big fan of electric dirt bikes.

Is that 1.3KW your motor size or battery power?
I am running a 1680W electric motor but only a 1KW battery on this Electric Shifter.

2_SpecializedEpicDoneR-1280.jpg

So what are looking to try in the gas powered world of options?

I am the proof of crazy bikers. After Gas bikes, I am playing with electric bikes. I have Both & will part with Neither.! If you would let me know about where to get Batterys, I would be grateful. I will be happy to answer any question about MB;s you may ever have. I have 11 of them at the moment. + a Schwinn Tailwind. A Goldwing, & Two Motorized trikes. Want to make a Trike electric. Just because I can.

Nice.
I am a big fan of electric dirt bikes.

Is that 1.3KW your motor size or battery power?
I am running a 1680W electric motor but only a 1KW battery on this Electric Shifter.

So what are looking to try in the gas powered world of options?

looks good! is that a cyclone kit?

1.3kw is the power my controller is pushing into the motor. but this motor has been known to take 2kw to 3k with no problems. it's powered by 96pcs Samsung ICR18650-26F 2600mah in 12s8p config for a total of about 1kwh

thinking of building a motoped-like bike powered by a honda GX35. thread here: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?45667-GX35-trail-capable-Need-to-climb-some-steep-stuff

I am the proof of crazy bikers. After Gas bikes, I am playing with electric bikes. I have Both & will part with Neither.! If you would let me know about where to get Batterys, I would be grateful. I will be happy to answer any question about MB;s you may ever have. I have 11 of them at the moment. + a Schwinn Tailwind. A Goldwing, & Two Motorized trikes. Want to make a Trike electric. Just because I can.

just build another one and you've got a dozen LOL

as for batteries it depends on what you want. lipos can be gotten from hobbyking e.g. turnigy multistars. but personally i prefer using 18650 (teslas use 18650). i usually get them from http://www.keeppower.com.cn/ (i'm a KeepPower dealer, mostly for flashlight applications)

now there are tons of different 18650 cells with different cost, capacity, discharge characteristics, cycle life, calendar life, etc. so selecting a cell would depend on your particular requirements. just let me know i can help you with this.

btw just posted this thread, would appreciate if you could help me out: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?45667-GX35-trail-capable-Need-to-climb-some-steep-stuff

looks good! is that a cyclone kit?
Yes, 24-48V 600W-1860W e-cyclone BLDC motor but I have used a couple of different controllers.
The little Kelly was complete junk, they don't make them anymore nor warrant them so I have like 3 sealed shut dead $80 controllers.

it's powered by 96pcs Samsung ICR18650-26F 2600mah in 12s8p config for a total of about 1kwh
I think mine are INR 18650's, got the triangle packs from EM3ev.com
http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=158

I do like the 18650 cells, but I don't like soldering in ~100 cells and a good BMS because you NEED a good Battery Management System!
For me, getting a good battery with an already built in BMS and the right charger is worth the extra cost of building one myself.

thinking of building a motoped-like bike powered by a honda GX35.
(little chuckle)
If you want a 'motorcycle with pedals', which is what a MotoPed is, put a real engine in the thing bud ;-}

2_MotoPedDoneL-1280.jpg

$3K with an 86cc 3-speed semi-automatic tranny kick-start 4-stroke engine.
Actually I have still have that...
My kid wrecked it, insurance paid, I fixed it, and it's for sale for $1500, $500 less than just the frame kit costs and it runs great!
It has a couple cosmetic scares of course, that's why I can't sell it for $3,000 anymore, but I don't need to now either ;-}

(little chuckle)
If you want a 'motorcycle with pedals', which is what a MotoPed is, put a real engine in the thing bud ;-}

2_MotoPedDoneL-1280.jpg

$3K with an 86cc 3-speed semi-automatic tranny kick-start 4-stroke engine.
Actually I have still have that...
My kid wrecked it, insurance paid, I fixed it, and it's for sale for $1500, $500 less than just the frame kit costs and it runs great!
It has a couple cosmetic scares of course, that's why I can't sell it for $3,000 anymore, but I don't need to now either ;-}

now that's just awesome! yeah i know the gx35 on a motoped sounds ridiculous LOL but i don't really want a full on motoped, just a super-lightweight 45kph bike that i could lift over obstacles. just needs to be able crawl up mountains, slow is OK. and have downhill bike suspension travel (probably needs a semi-custom frame)

but i was looking at this lifan 70cc auto-clutch: http://www.hooperimports.com/product.aspx?pf_id=70cc_4A-t-E

it says 42lbs. that's not so bad... are lifan engines any good? based on what i've read so far they seem to be

jRmUnrs.jpg

or might just pick up this yamaha XTZ 125cc and be done with it :rolleyes: over here they cost like us$1700. 21" front rim, 19" rear

now that's just awesome!
yeah i know the gx35 on a motoped sounds ridiculous LOL
but i don't really want a full on motoped
Hehe, ya, I can just picture trying to mount that 35cc little engine in that big open cavity.

i was looking at this lifan 70cc auto-clutch: http://www.hooperimports.com/product.aspx?pf_id=70cc_4A-t-E

it says 42lbs. that's not so bad... are lifan engines any good?
based on what i've read so far they seem to be
I haven't used a Lifan but that is the right engine type for a MotoPed, it has Honda H2 engine mounts.
Pricey though, I got that 86cc 4-speed auto-clutch delivered for $300.

It's not actually 4 gears, it's 3 gears and neutral, 3 gears are all you need to pop wheelies and easily and safely do 45mph.
Fun bike but too much for me these days.

Back