Electric shifter kits

So what are the recommended motors on your side and batteries now? You seem to have a 72 volt system available? What is the best format in frame or just rear rack mount? I saw some funny looking offset gears (dished so the center mount and teeth are offset) that might be used for fat bike wheels I think? I am trying to get my bearings on the feasibility of this, I saw a dolomite using an electric center but I may be dealing with a frame that uses closer to normal geometry for a bike but want to use a wheel that's already too large to fit in the rear dropout.

Kit here: http://sickbikeparts.com/electric-shift-kits-e-products/

We don't sell batteries as they are commodity item. Expensive, yet no mark up for us. So best to buy direct.

Yes 36V-72+V systems best for DIY folks..

Like any bike mount power system, there are challenges and rewards. Electrics have the expense and weight of batteries but the motors are easy to mount and drive is already on the right side. They are essentially silent and the pollution is upstream. Range is not as huge of factor for most, theft can be a real problem is some areas. Fun and challenging.

Kit here: http://sickbikeparts.com/electric-shift-kits-e-products/

We don't sell batteries as they are commodity item. Expensive, yet no mark up for us. So best to buy direct.

Yes 36V-72+V systems best for DIY folks..

Like any bike mount power system, there are challenges and rewards. Electrics have the expense and weight of batteries but the motors are easy to mount and drive is already on the right side. They are essentially silent and the pollution is upstream. Range is not as huge of factor for most, theft can be a real problem is some areas. Fun and challenging.
So do you know anything about those dished gears and their geometry? Theft shouldn't be a major issue, while I lock even normal bicycles down I am going to get a Sherlock device for tracking purposes should it ever get lifted.. The real question is do I follow them home myself and kill them or just let the police take all the fun out of it.

Is there a youtube video of the electric bike shift kit in action?! plenty for the gas bikes seems none for electric =(

Is there a youtube video of the electric bike shift kit in action?! plenty for the gas bikes seems none for electric =(

No, we don't have any. I am not a videographer unfortunately. If anyone has any vids, Youtube, I can post. We actually lost our original Youtube channel way back in a Google tussle with our original ISP.

Is there room on the shaft on your jackshaft kit to put another sprocket?
If we rack mount the electric motor behind us to tie into your normal shift kit then we could use the electric as a bumb motor/generator. Would it only take buying the longer shaft, and mounting a extra sprocket say 14 tooth for a #25 chain? It's something many people want, I imagine a 250 watt to 500 watt either wind generator or scooter motor would be plenty enough for most people in conjunction with gas engine without robbing all our power. I'm not worried about going 40 miles an hour on a bike but I am wanting to be able to travel under electric or gas and be able to charge. Think SBP would get to sell charge controllers also along with motor controllers. All the electric tech and ICE motor tech is there it's the hardware we need.. from what I read on this website is you are the best when it comes to shift kits. I can't pull the trigger on one if I cant simply add one more sprocket for another chain into the combo.
1541754648486507751482739861541.jpg

Very rough drawing not an artist

Would be best if the gas sprocket could be 'clutched' to not spin if put in a neurtal state to save our china girl engines' clutch.
Sorry so long winded.

Last edited:
Back