electric start "silver bullet train" engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wants to build the ultimate bike first time out.
Just put a kit together on a cheap bike and ride already!
It doesn't have to be complicated, so don't make it that way. It is a bicycle.
56517-7e03643b2e1be7d626199e25db9efef0.jpg

$20 bike from the buy/sell/trade ads.
$60 48cc motor from the same
4 hours of assembly and making sure everything is lubricated, adjusted and works
Priceless! 30mph of fun for over a hundred miles on a tank.

hey i feel like i have been ripped off lied to cheated i got one of those piece of s**t motors i have spent so much money on this piece of crap going tru one of the companys you said and that is birddog and they knew this motor was crap and selling it if i had anyway down or lived any where close to them whoever is in charge there i would punch them right in the mouth and do a lot more for selling this s**t and not giving there customers the heads up about this piece of s**t motor kit i have been tru 5 heads and piston sets in two months and road my bike twice and one of those time it broke down i was not racing also i am understanding now why birddog has not responed to any of my emails about the junk they are selling. and im the kind of person that dont like people f***ing with my money so now i am thinking about what can i do about this all i know somebody better come correct about this like they say anything can happen at anytime so you have to be careful because you never know thanks for the heads up and maybe we can do business

I have some nice sun mammoth rims Ive been wanting to build up , need to decide on hubs and spokes ect... disk no disk? drum? I have some Worksman front drums but I think they are too heavy build for this bike...

also fat franks or maxis hookworms or felt circuit tires possible but not sure of motor chain tire clearance on a 2.35 tire...
2.35 will usually cause a slight rubbing depending on the frame problem for left side chain clearance, the fix is 'jack shafting' your left side engine over to the right side pedal sprocket.
A bicycles pedal chain can always clear the tire, even 3" inchers.

2_Fito3doneL-1280.jpg

And now you have room for a rear disc brake to match the front.

That is a stock $395. Fido Modena 7S except for the new front fork.
https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Rust-Aluminum-Fito-Shimano-7-speed/dp/B00EA8NVL8

3" wide 26" tall Kenda tires on 24" rims.
Its a nice bike on its own, but I like to move all the parts to a gas tank frame to ditch that bolt on tear drop gas tank.

2_GT2-GT5-2sFrontLeft1280.jpg

I scavenge everything from the fito and it's pretty easy to propagate a bare gas tank frame.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Well here we are. yrs later and finally it developed a issue. 8000+ Miles all calculated by my daily commute between 2 jobs. (Not even including the pointless rides around town) 3 bicycles it's been on. And boom! Blew a seal so now my clutch oil flows through to my crankcase n she smokes like crazyyyy. Gunna be fun ripping this thing apart and finding the seal I need... If interested in knowing the inside workings of this "Bullet Train" engine let me know I could post pictures

yeah post pics! ive had mine in a box for a year and still didnt mount it... I have one of the felt tank frames and instantly got stalled when I realized the wide ranks and kit are too narrow and the site I found a reasonable quality BB setup was offline... then it became a day 2 project.. I have nice moped rear with sproket and front drum brakes ready to be built up on some nice rimes ( I have heavy duty worksman rims but the aluminum frame became an issue... pretty lgiht weight for such robust wheels... I think the motor will be good so now Im considering my dyno tiki frame but then a tank becomes another expense lol anyway id be interested in pics for sure! maybe it will ignight me to finish this bike and get to riding!

Well here we are. yrs later and finally it developed a issue. 8000+ Miles all calculated by my daily commute between 2 jobs. (Not even including the pointless rides around town) 3 bicycles it's been on. And boom! Blew a seal so now my clutch oil flows through to my crankcase n she smokes like crazyyyy. Gunna be fun ripping this thing apart and finding the seal I need... If interested in knowing the inside workings of this "Bullet Train" engine let me know I could post pictures
Good luck, they glued the bolts down inside the oil trap as to keep a complete seal from the crankcase, use fire before attempting removal, they are the ones with the heads that are larger than normal.

I'd be interested in seeing photos of the wear on the teeth and possibly thickness of the clutch pads since they should be worn too. Thanks.

yeah post pics! ive had mine in a box for a year and still didnt mount it... I have one of the felt tank frames and instantly got stalled when I realized the wide ranks and kit are too narrow and the site I found a reasonable quality BB setup was offline... then it became a day 2 project.. I have nice moped rear with sproket and front drum brakes ready to be built up on some nice rimes ( I have heavy duty worksman rims but the aluminum frame became an issue... pretty lgiht weight for such robust wheels... I think the motor will be good so now Im considering my dyno tiki frame but then a tank becomes another expense lol anyway id be interested in pics for sure! maybe it will ignight me to finish this bike and get to riding!
Mine is outside the box but yet to have been fully bolted to any frame.. Funny how much hesitation comes from something familiar yet foreign.

i wonder how much power id loose if I go ahead and build heavy duty wheels... I do have some lighter rims but the spoke holes will be small compared to whats on this mopee/worksman hubs

haha yeah.. its like a puzzle when new... and time usually adds to the complication lol you make one small change and 40 things down the line change lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back