Electric WCC bicycle

Put the black bike together back in the fall. Been using it to commute to school. Has a 600watt 36v front hubmotor. I'm hoping to build some fenders for it soon and relocate the batteries to some saddlebags. Would like to find a suspension fork for it but having trouble finding one long enough with the right look. Most folks don't seem to realize it's powered. But I do get a few joyriders.
Been riding the crome chopper for over a year 1/2 now. Found the 40" springer front on ebay a while back. Had to re-rake the frame to regain propper riding position. I have a 1200watt rear hubmotor for it but have had trouble finding spokes that work with the rim I want to use. Originally I had planned to build another gas bike with this fork but it's been fun riding around campus as a manual bike. It was my daily driver until i built the electric bike.

Attachments

• chopper-202 copy.jpg
    chopper-202 copy.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 481
  • chopper-2 (2) copy.jpg
    chopper-2 (2) copy.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 901
  • chopper-2 (1) copy.jpg
    chopper-2 (1) copy.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 576
  • chopper-102.jpg
    chopper-102.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 400
A good looking machine. Clean.

I've considered a hub motor. Sooner or later I'm sure to try it. Are you happy with yours? Any downside that the vendors don't mention?

The front hub is a Wilderness Energy, been working fine for me so far, but I have seen mixed reviews online. You do need some forward motion for it to take off from a stop. The rear hub for the chrome chopper is a Golden Motor haven't used it yet I'm having trouble finding spokes for the rim I want to use with it. The ones I've got are about 1/4" too long. Can't afford a thread roller right now.

Hub motors are fairly simple to instal. But, you have to have a dropout that can handle the torque. I had to weld in some cheap 10mm spanner wrenches on the fork to keep from spinning out the axle. But installed right most people woln't know the motor is there.

Back