electroman goes 2 cycle

And I thought Mississippi had dumb laws. No electric bikes, no mirrors on bikes, & no biking on sidewalks??? I don't understand.

Is that MS law ?
At least PA does allow sidewalk riding, bike mirrors. No problems here with electrics...........yet (riding one since '96)
Why can't you have mirrors in MS ? That's crazy. :eek:

Alan, I thought you just said: "(I guess mirrors would help ) Illegal here (PA)".

In this thread, xkwox mentions electric bikes are considered mopeds even tho federal law states they are "consumer products"... and then on the next page, you said it was illegal to ride on the sidewalk if you're over 16, but I missed the next part where the PennDOT rules state you must give an audible signal before passing other pedestrians.

Even still, I don't trust laws or the DOT rules. Last I heard, DOT rules supersede laws passed by congress, tho, right?

Alan, I thought you just said: "(I guess mirrors would help ) Illegal here (PA)".

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I meant the gas engine.:D
And I thought you meant MS.:LOL:

While the electrics may not be legal here, I never got pulled over yet. Had the electric for 12 years. I've asked cops their opinions on the electrics, and their replies are all similar. "I got no problem with it" is the most common answer.
Sorry for the threadjack.

Back