ello evryone(again)

who_am_i_again?

Local time
12:12 PM
hello again,

sorry about the other thread,but,i am new here......so.........bear with me!:)
im just a simple 15 year old boy living in texas for 8 years(i moved from san fran cali)and am quite bored around the house during the summer break!
i have a 5 hp b&s motor out of a go-cart and an old mt.fury 10 speed roadmaster(pretty nice shape)and am looking to convert it to solid motor power(no pedals)just to put around town in.
where should i put my expectations at (top speed,acceleration,efficiency w/ fuel)ok,thanks for the help and the great forum,

Steve from Texas

welcome MBc

Hello and welcome steve you are not the youngest one of our new moddies is 14...the secret is reading, i suggest you start on the last page and work forward...here is a cute lesson:http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou good luck and happy motoring...:eek::D
ps:
BTW no pedals could get you into trouble read some of the laws..gl

Last edited by a moderator:
-- youngest member here (by a couple months my b-day is beginning of July) but ya might wanna look into laws, sometimes the law can be fogy, or extremely clear, depending on the state. that can work with or against ya. in my state, I'm not even legal till i turn 15 in a couple months. but all i can say is read, and you will find great info.

the general idea is that if you can peddel, its consider a motor ASSISTED bike, no pedals=moped, and licensing and tags.

thanx for the help evryone!!!!!!8)

and my friend has one of the old electric bikes that he has removed the pedals from and
has only got in trouble once for trying to jump a car

i think ill be o.k. there:]

oh..funny little lesson......was that yours?

again thanx...Steve

Hi Steve. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

I say that is a funny name! I'm gonna call you Tex Junior.

So TJ. You got a 5 horse B&S from a go cart and you want it on your bike?
Forget taking out the pedals. You can keep it on there. In fact,how about if you can remove your engine if need be in just a few minutes?
Check out this thread,and thank yourself for registering with us!

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5261

Welcome, w_a_i_a?

Read stuff here and when you do get on the road, due to your lesser expirience of auto driving, start observing and understanding some safety aspects in regards to car drivers underestimating bicycles.

A bike with no pedals ?
Well, that defeats the purpose of having a motored bike don't you think ?

The motor is to assist the peddling, or you may as well get a 150cc trail bike and skip the whole motoredbike idea altogether.
I still got booked for running a red light on a motoredbike, it's no game, but it can have practical advantages in your favour if you play by the road rules and act on common sense.

All the Best

BoltsM

5hp Briggs? sounds like it would go just fine! I'm pushing 42mph on my 3hp-ish happy time engine, so 5 horses?! Cant wait to see the outcome!! You are going to love it here, whatever you need you will find it here, just read and search through the huge forum! good luck
Fastboy

I say that is a funny name! I'm gonna call you Tex Junior.

So TJ. You got a 5 horse B&S from a go cart and you want it on your bike?
Forget taking out the pedals. You can keep it on there. In fact,how about if you can remove your engine if need be in just a few minutes?
Check out this thread,and thank yourself for registering with us!

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5261

actually,i just found out the briggs is froze(and will be used for a tiller!),but how 'bout 2 weedeater motors?

BTW,im going for a show&go racer:)its goin 2 be SWEET!!!!

(i hope)

best to all,
"tj" :)

Back