Emergency Guide: issue 48 [Spring Tensioner]

Maybe rig it so its supported on both sides with a custom bracket to lower sideways torque.

Custom Chain Tensioner
$_3.JPG

I agree. This guy has tunnel vision, totally focusing on the SPRING TENSIONER and nothing else. Bandaid fixes might last until you reach home, or 700 miles.

Why do you need so much tension on your SPRING TENSIONER?

Open your mind! Look at the big picture, not just the SPRING TENSIONER. You have been offered a lot of good advice. At least take them into consideration.

Here's my 2 cents: shorten your chain. I'm presuming you're smart enough to shorten the chain so tight, that when you install it, you have to make it crawl up the wheel sprocket COUNTER-CLOCKWISE to install the tight chain. Make a better McGuyver fix. Don't drill into your frame.
Keep it simple, stupid(KISS). Some builders don't even use tensionsers.

I USED to use a chain tensioner/grooved skateboard wheel. After so many subtle changes in sprocket/chain relationships, my tensioner is no longer necessary.

Here's another suggestion you might consider "off topic" from your SPRING TENSIONER issue:

Reposition your engine mounting(maybe higher) to get a better alignment with your wheel sprocket.

And don't get bent outa shape with our suggestions. We're not there to see your bike's problem in person.
Ive been trying to get my chain to quit locking up forever.I've adjusted the clucht about 500 times.I've come to the realization theses things are just junk.I've filed the front sprocket I have a spring loaded tensioner and the original tensioner my chain lines up like everyone I see on the web.I've put over a 100 more in parts into this thing and I've manage to go around the yard a couple times.Just a hoax being put on by people who work on them and it's all ways just buy one more part and it's still junk.get out people it's a scam being put on by people who work on the carp showing people riding around so nice and pleasant they don't run believe me sell it and get out.

Ive been trying to get my chain to quit locking up forever.I've adjusted the clucht about 500 times.I've come to the realization theses things are just junk.I've filed the front sprocket I have a spring loaded tensioner and the original tensioner my chain lines up like everyone I see on the web.I've put over a 100 more in parts into this thing and I've manage to go around the yard a couple times.Just a hoax being put on by people who work on them and it's all ways just buy one more part and it's still junk.get out people it's a scam being put on by people who work on the carp showing people riding around so nice and pleasant they don't run believe me sell it and get out.
You should come to a race, these things work well if worked on correctly. The 2 stroke engine you buy is incomplete and needs work to run right. Just because you aren't mechanically adept doesn't mean others that can turn wrenches should run...

Back