*Enemy down*

Local time
6:06 AM
I like to report it is fixed don't ask questions or quote me....

Driving 8.1 miles to work or 18 miles long way.
(18 no hills 8.1 one steep hill)

In about two weeks I'm throwing on an 80cc

:D

Findings during repair was that the top piston ring had floated out of the alignment dot thus causing low speed....

The new motor kit this time will be checked for proper piston ring alignment.

Last edited:
only one or two times have I seen the locating pin in a ring land sunk so low as to fail to align the ring - glad you found it

only one or two times have I seen the locating pin in a ring land sunk so low as to fail to align the ring - glad you found it

She's sluggish from time to time but when she kicks in toward top speed you know it's working the Rpms are extremely higher....

BTW what's the sign of the clutch pads wearing out?

She's sluggish from time to time but when she kicks in toward top speed you know it's working the Rpms are extremely higher....

There isn't a sign, at least none that anyone's noticed, those things are probably the longest lasting part on the engine, I think I've even said that before too. Honestly I wouldn't believe anyone if they said they ran down the pads on one of these, other than maybe Street Ryderz, he seems like the kind of person who could pull it off, maybe.

The only real indicator would be exactly what happens when you start wearing pads down on any clutch, which also happens to brake pads, which is lots of slipping and loud noise that shouldn't be there. In just about every single case a slipping clutch is because the clutch plate is adjusted too far out, you would likely wear out the teeth on the clutch before you could wear the pads out, and in which case you'll probably be getting a new set when you buy another engine to replace it.

There isn't a sign, at least none that anyone's noticed, those things are probably the longest lasting part on the engine, I think I've even said that before too. Honestly I wouldn't believe anyone if they said they ran down the pads on one of these, other than maybe Street Ryderz, he seems like the kind of person who could pull it off, maybe.

The only real indicator would be exactly what happens when you start wearing pads down on any clutch, which also happens to brake pads, which is lots of slipping and loud noise that shouldn't be there. In just about every single case a slipping clutch is because the clutch plate is adjusted too far out, you would likely wear out the teeth on the clutch before you could wear the pads out, and in which case you'll probably be getting a new set when you buy another engine to replace it.

Interesting, well can too much tension on the chain cause lowered power not that I have loss of power I notice when I body tuck my bikes faster on flats but then again my chain tensioner is torqued on and I have not needed to adjust tension after any ride. It's set to about 5 ft lbs each bolt on the tensioner that is.

If I touch the chain it has about a couple of mm of play when you press it with your finger.

when they don't stick up much higher than the steel slots that hold them in place, they need to be changed, or in the case of the red, rubber ones, if they are smashed too flat to grab both pressure plates

Interesting, well can too much tension on the chain cause lowered power not that I have loss of power I notice when I body tuck my bikes faster on flats but then again my chain tensioner is torqued on and I have not needed to adjust tension after any ride. It's set to about 5 ft lbs each bolt on the tensioner that is.

If I touch the chain it has about a couple of mm of play when you press it with your finger.
A couple of mm is too tight and does add load to the engine(loss of power),just as Franenstein said the clutch pads if worn to far will look mushed and thin causing slip if load is to great or the power from engine overcomes the grip,Alot of people slip their clutch while starting from a stop rather then just peddal a little before letting out the clutch this wear's the pads excessively and is really unessesary wear,Also there are those whom fan (slip) the clutch to ease load and allow rpm to climb to the point the pipe comes on (stages) then let it fully engage again

Back