*Enemy down*

What's the proper slack ruler wise I think I'm a bit too tight, I should be to flick it and it bounces back a tad bit not loose but it should have some play.
Well it's not possible to say, without even knowing the length of the chain between the tensioner and front sprocket and probably other factors too. I have never measured this, lol, it's just something I have always done by feel.
Umm....
If you spin the wheel up using a kick of the pedal, the wheel should continue to turn for a second or so under its own momentum, not just stop dead.

Well it's not possible to say, without even knowing the length of the chain between the tensioner and front sprocket and probably other factors too. I have never measured this, lol, it's just something I have always done by feel.
Umm....
If you spin the wheel up using a kick of the pedal, the wheel should continue to turn for a second or so under its own momentum, not just stop dead.

good thing its in side the house right now :p it spins but does not roll under its own force, one kick and it spins once then stops.

good thing its in side the house right now :p it spins but does not roll under its own force, one kick and it spins once then stops.
Okay, I guess that you could say it's loose enough when loosening it further would have no effect on how long the wheel continues to turn. :)

But by then you will probably find that the top run of chain vibrates up n' down when you pedal at speed. I did, anyway, so I fitted a chain controller (aka chain slider) which is like a square tube which prevents that without it interfering with the tension. I bought mine and only had to figure out fitting it, but you can make something similar from scratch. Fun stuff to fiddle around with indoors on a cold night. :)

Back