*Enemy down*

Okay, I guess that you could say it's loose enough when loosening it further would have no effect on how long the wheel continues to turn. :)

But by then you will probably find that the top run of chain vibrates up n' down when you pedal at speed. I did, anyway, so I fitted a chain controller (aka chain slider) which is like a square tube which prevents that without it interfering with the tension. I bought mine and only had to figure out fitting it, but you can make something similar from scratch. Fun stuff to fiddle around with indoors on a cold night. :)

I spoke to soon the wife kicked me out shortly after well was fun parking inside for a little bit for those 2 days I had,

anyway I loosened it and my gear box thing is not so loud now with the clutch in and engine off, but now I have a once and a blue moon click sound when riding only,

I tried to gps it back to the rv but it lost connection ~,~

I feel im doing at least 32-36 though

still need to port the intake as well oh and my associate across the way from me still owes me money so f*** his broken chain master link I ordered it how ever but im not ording the replacement kill switch til I get my full $70.00

I hate wannabes he cannot even fix his own bike but asks me to help him imam replace that link but im letting him know hes getting cut off til I get the rest of my cash.

its funny how he thinks his bikes bad ass but hes just floating my nutsack boat. when ever he calls his bike bad ass I take that as my free complement cause at the end of the day his bike will drown without me.

fool don't even clean up his mess so I started throwing his stuff at his door and walk back to my own apt.

I spoke to soon the wife kicked me out shortly after well was fun parking inside for a little bit for those 2 days I had,

anyway I loosened it and my gear box thing is not so loud now with the clutch in and engine off, but now I have a once and a blue moon click sound when riding only,

I tried to gps it back to the rv but it lost connection ~,~

I feel im doing at least 32-36 though

still need to port the intake as well oh and my associate across the way from me still owes me money so f**k his broken chain master link I ordered it how ever but im not ording the replacement kill switch til I get my full $70.00

I hate wannabes he cannot even fix his own bike but asks me to help him imam replace that link but im letting him know hes getting cut off til I get the rest of my cash.

its funny how he thinks his bikes bad ass but hes just floating my nutsack boat. when ever he calls his bike bad ass I take that as my free complement cause at the end of the day his bike will drown without me.

fool don't even clean up his mess so I started throwing his stuff at his door and walk back to my own apt.
You don't sound like you should be friends with him..

I slip my clutch pads like a mother f***er. I even do it on purpose just cause I like the way it feels and sounds. Never had a prob. with it. Especially with the clutch in and the engine off. Dumb ass.

over the years, these motors have gotten much stronger and seem to require less clutch manipulation - I rarely see a worn out clutch these days

So if you had an older engine as in the crank has bolt on fly weights and is at least 10 years old but low mileage it would be a good idea to give up on it and get a late model engine, have they improved that much?

So if you had an older engine as in the crank has bolt on fly weights and is at least 10 years old but low mileage it would be a good idea to give up on it and get a late model engine, have they improved that much?
A engine that old would probably have a straight plug head which are 10cc heads. small transfer ports, and poor balance. I wouldn't want it on my bike, but some folks have to use what they have.

Yes a straight plug head, no balance, and the piston at TDC, lower skirt only clears about half the intake port, much room for improvement, but would I be building a grenade, have the cases, cranks and rods improved enough to justify an update. P.S. I havn't seen any new Chinese Motorbike engines as in the last 5 years, scooters way to many.

Yes a straight plug head, no balance, and the piston at TDC, lower skirt only clears about half the intake port, much room for improvement, but would I be building a grenade, have the cases, cranks and rods improved enough to justify an update. P.S. I havn't seen any new Chinese Motorbike engines as in the last 5 years, scooters way to many.
If you plan on doing the modifications needed for air fuel flow, head design, and improving the balance it should run fine. A lot of people rode them for a long time. Still if I had one sitting on my shelf next to all my other engines it would be there till someone wanted it, and would go for cheap just to have it gone. I wouldn't use it on a bike I was building either for myself or to sell.

my bike has a used motor I took in trade and fixed about 5 or 6 years ago (even has a crappy NTTC carb on it) - runs reliably and gets up hills OK, bu I sure wouldn't want to race someone on it as I doubt I'm even getting 28mph out of it - takes some pedaling and clutch slip to get it going at each stop sign, but I'm OK with that for now

saved a nice new PK8O for it that I'll paint black and I've ground down teeth on a 41T sprocket that I'll try on it, but probably won't make the swap till summer time

Back