Engage clutch, engine starts "bucking".

Is the small drive sprocket on the bucking bar side tightened all the way?

When loose they wobble terribly.

Is the small drive sprocket on the bucking bar side tightened all the way?

When loose they wobble terribly.
There is no wobble there, but I have not checked that sprocket for tightness. At work today ( firefighter, 24 hour shift) but when I get home I'll give it a going over.

Did you try tightening your flower nut a little bit?
Yes, I've tried to both loosen and tighten it, no change to problem. I've ordered the gear screw replacement recommended by Human Person earlier today, love that upgrades to these motors are, for the most part, affordable.

Yes, I've tried to both loosen and tighten it, no change to problem. I've ordered the gear screw replacement recommended by Human Person earlier today, love that upgrades to these motors are, for the most part, affordable.
Alright, I know the Chinese crank bearings are not the greatest, however it's usually something else that causes these little engines to fail rather than the bearings.

I see nobody has asked yet... How are the clutch pads ? Are any of them broken ?

That's good info, much appreciated!
I just received the ball bearings I ordered to rebuild the clutch bearing, will be doing that Saturday. The small gear/allen bolt upgrade comes in a couple days later. I'll install those and fire It up, see if there are any improvements. Thank you guys.

Back