engine advice needed, (sydeny australia)

matty martin

Local time
7:37 PM
hey guys,

i'm a new so i hope this is in the right area of the forum...

i'm in sydney, australia & am looking for some advice on what is the best engine for my bike...

any suggestions...

2 stroke ?

4 stroke ?

any paticular brand i should stay away from or steer towards...

what are the basic pro's & con's of both 4 & 2 stroke engines...

i have seen two engines so far... one was a zbox & the other was a MBB, has anyone had any experience with these brands...

thanks
matty martin

buy a zbox, its the best quality (little things like chromed accessories instead of raw material etc, has the good bearings too) and service is great from Warren, and the price is right - not overinflated. (Warren can actually spell properly on his web site too - unlike MBB!)

the 2 stroke engine is lighter and less complicated than the 4 stroke, cheaper too. If you run it in properly should run for a long time if care is taken with the installation.

Andrew

Last edited:
Yeah I also bought mine from Warren at ZBox.
He will get a motor to you within 2 working days.Most of the time in 1 working day and he is fast when it comes to mailing parts.

Both are good....George from MBB & Warren from ZBOX.
If your getting a 2-stroke Warren would be the one to go for cos he's cheaper & about the same quality,but if you've decided on a 4-stroke forget Warren cos he doesn't deal in 4-strokes.
I've got the Dax Titan system and i'm pretty happy with that.

Cant speak about MBB so I wont.

Have bought a few times from Warren at Zbox. Service is great, prices are good, delivery quick. It's a chinese 2-stroke so quality is pretty much a lottery I'd say.

Just about to try a 31cc 4 stroke rack mount from blackstar direct as well. See how that goes in a few weeks for comparison.

Cheers
Glenn

thanks for the reply guys,

ok i'm assuming that everyone is telling me to go down the 2 stroke road & not the 4 stroke...

i spoke to warren the other day & he was very helpful & yes as WANGER said he does now have 4strokes...

matty martin

2 v 4 stroke

Hi, MM
I'll be the odd one here and tell you that I have both a 2 stroke 31cc and a 4 stroke 25cc friction drive and I MUCH PREFER THE 4 STROKE. Both are Ryobi engines.
The 4 stroke is MUCH quieter and has more torque. It is cleaner, doesn't smell and you don't, of course, have to mix the fuel/oil. The 4 stroke is a dream to ride.
It's so quiet that, at times I forget it's there! People don't even look when I go by because they don't hear it.
It's also been more reliable in that I've done nothing to it while the 2 stroke requires a bit more tinkering.
Overall, I can ride either one any time I want and I pick the 4 stroke every time.
If money were no object, I'd pick the 4 stroke without a question.

Steve G
Grants Pass, Oregon

Back