Engine advice please!

Local time
4:45 PM
Hi, I'm new to the game. I would like to put an engine on a 29" vintage men's bike I restored. After research, I settled on a 100cc 2 stroke engine. Why? Because 2 strokes are loud and smoky, and the more power the better. I found this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186214928651 on eBay, and was wondering what you all thought of it? I chose it in part because it already has the head with large cooling fins. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi, I'm new to the game. I would like to put an engine on a 29" vintage men's bike I restored. After research, I settled on a 100cc 2 stroke engine. Why? Because 2 strokes are loud and smoky, and the more power the better. I found this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186214928651 on eBay, and was wondering what you all thought of it? I chose it in part because it already has the head with large cooling fins. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Drawing attention to yourself by being loud may get you some unwanted police attention. Here's how your state of Minnesota feels about it.

169.693 MOTOR VEHICLE NOISE LIMITS.​

It is unlawful to operate a motor vehicle in violation of motor vehicle noise rules adopted by the Pollution Control Agency.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Drawing attention to yourself by being loud may get you some unwanted police attention. Here's how your state of Minnesota feels about it.

It is unlawful to operate a motor vehicle in violation of motor vehicle noise rules adopted by the Pollution Control Agency.
The Harley guys must love that statute

Minnesota has way too many stupid rules. But thanks for that, and I'll try to make sure I am complying with the rules before I go on the road. And happily, we live on a dirt road with hardly any people.

Minnesota has way too many stupid rules. But thanks for that, and I'll try to make sure I am complying with the rules before I go on the road. And happily, we live on a dirt road with hardly any people.
Yeah, what I don't want to see is you getting tickets at 16. Unless your parent(s) is very wealthy they'd never be able to afford putting you on their insurance if you got tickets.

Could you post a picture of the bike you want to use?
Sorry I took so long! I got mom's camera out there today and took a picture. Here it is:
IMG_2615.JPG

When I got it it was really a piece of junk. The fenders were all rusty and the chrome on them was pretty much gone, so I used paint as much as I wanted them to be chrome. The rack too. The wheels were all rusty and I spent way too long and polished them. I replaced the handles and wheels and tubes and bearings and repainted just about everything besides the frame and handlebars. I spent a little more and got the gum wall tires. I've put a lot of miles on it.

Back