Engine-assist

Full bike pics as requested

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 107
Looks like you have cantilever brakes on the bike? You would definatily have to remove the rear rack and rear fender if you wanted it to run a friction drive. Your brake cables might get in the way of the friction drive U support as well using cantilever brakes. You might wanna look for a newer bike if you can. One that has V brakes or Disc brakes.

Thats not a Raleigh 3 speed, but rather a more modern Raleigh 10 speed.

I had an original Raleigh 3 speed back when i was young, many moons ago...lol.

The 3 speed was a Sturmey Archer thumb snap gear shifter on handlebar that connected to a piece of chain that would pull out and retract into the hub to change gears...The gears were inside the hub...yours is using a derailer with 2 forward sprockets and 5 rear sprockets...your gears are outside of the hub...DAMIEN

If your speed is only 10 MPH, ebikes will work fine....

I mean at 10 MPH, that is like 200 watts of power.
A 2 stroke on a dyno test is around 1500-1700 watts - stock.

I'm usually not one to recommend a China Girl engine, but your bike is old and would accomodate one relativly easy. China girls are not the most reliable engines and can be cantankerous at times, but it is what I started out on and I learned alot from it. If it was me, I would sell your bike, and get something better with V brakes or Disc brakes and then get a Staton Inc friction drive with either the Honda GX50 or GX35 engine.

I'm usually not one to recommend a China Girl engine, but your bike is old and would accomodate one relativly easy. China girls are not the most reliable engines and can be cantankerous at times, but it is what I started out on and I learned alot from it. If it was me, I would sell your bike, and get something better with V brakes or Disc brakes and then get a Staton Inc friction drive with either the Honda GX50 or GX35 engine.
I liked how smooth my subaru eho35 was. It's a shame they discontinued their small engine line was but it's almost like I needed two running the same drive gear that would have the power and smoothness. I broke about 3 bolts for my middle strap for some reason and the belt a few times other than that it was a really fun bike. Auto clutch 2 stroke would probably be more cost effective. Two GX25's coupled anyone?

The Subaru EH035 is my favorite Motorbicycle engine. I have been in this forum so long that there was a guy in this forum that was selling them brand new for $160. Obviously that was quite some time ago.

Back