Engine Bogging down with no power under throttle

akiem

Local time
9:16 AM
Hey guys,
I'm kinda new to the scene here but just a couple months ago, i purchased a cheap chinese model 49cc 2 stroke kit for my bicycle. I need it for my daily commute to work etc. Well, it ran perfect for about a month. Then, i started having carb trouble. First, i lost my idle screw riding somewhere. second, i tried to replace the idle screw with another screw i found that fit the hole in the carb, but i must've screwed it too tight bc i snapped the needle inside right in half! So i purchased a "signswise" performance carb thinking my troubles would be solved. NO NO and NO :( I've checked about a million times that everything was still connected correctly....but still no power. When i first start the motor, it revs high and pulls ok. But as soon as i give a little throttle and gain about 5mph, the motor bogs down and stops giving power. I also had a problem with one of my exhaust screws. One broke off inside the cylinder body, and i haven't been able to completely get the rest out. It's pulverized inside there bc i was trying to break it by drilling holes in the rest of it to make it weaker and hopefully tear it out. But that didnt work.

for the carb, get a nice NT clone and save all the headaches with so-called performance carbs

check the many threads here about getting the exhaust stud out and putting in a heli-coil

Thanks crassius. My NT carb should be here on the 15th from amazon.com. In the meanwhile, I'm trying to find someone local with an "easy in-easy out" tool for the exhaust. If not, I'll just go buy one. But would the exhaust have anything to do with the loss of power? So.....Hopefully everything works soon! If not.....I'll be back! lol
Safe Riding

sometimes hard to tell how two problems will interact - fix everything

Thank you. I just got my new NT carb in the mail yesterday and hooked it all up. still the same problem. I'm gonna try n switch the spark plug and get a new gasket set to make sure i dont have any air leaks.

Back