all that writing and im lost. Do i need to put a bigger gear on the front where the pedals are? or on the back where the wheel is? I cant go stock because I found this engine on the side of the road with no head. this head is the only one I have and the bike has fat wheels so i have to have a jack shaft. I don't feel like offsetting my engine.

So I wasted my time and yours. Sorry I even bothered.

I'm gonna say it's not the gearing that's holding you back but too rich on oil and engine was tossed bcs it was thrashed already. those mods I can see should get you to 40mph+
8oz in a gallon = 16:1. well-broken engine in use half that, only 3-4 oz in a gallon

here is a crappy hard to watch video that i filmed on my $30 action camera (proof that you truly get what you pay for) it provides sounds from start up to riding, and every time the camera sways back and forth its me peddling. It gets across my top speed and at the end I show my gas jug and oil bottle.

So I wasted my time and yours. Sorry I even bothered.
Im sorry I understand things differently than others and gearing, and ratios are not my thing. I didnt get nothing for that though. I learned these used to be used in the 50's in Japanese vehicles. and valuable details about gearing I can look back on in the future after i take a class or two.

I'm gonna say it's not the gearing that's holding you back but too rich on oil and engine was tossed bcs it was thrashed already. those mods I can see should get you to 40mph+
8oz in a gallon = 16:1. well-broken engine in use half that, only 3-4 oz in a gallon
So if i go out and get a new thing of gas and... actually could i just dump out half of my tank and add the rest in just fuel to make up less oil to fuel ratio? or should i just go buy a new tank of gas. there is only one place that sells ethanol free gas here and its half an hour away. would normal premium ruin my engine?

also the first thing I did when i got it was take the whole thing apart and clean it out replace the bearings and gaskets then bought a new magneto and coil.

sounds smooth above 4000rpm. not gonna have any low end tho if rings/cylinder worn. i wasn't hearing the pop of expansion chamber at idle speeds so it might not have good compression too. that head, pipe, shiftkit worth 3x the motor. if less oil doesn't wake it up, spring for a new engine only without kit.
thanks for sharing the video. hope you can get it sorted out

sounds smooth above 4000rpm. not gonna have any low end tho if rings/cylinder worn. i wasn't hearing the pop of expansion chamber at idle speeds so it might not have good compression too. that head, pipe, shiftkit worth 3x the motor. if less oil doesn't wake it up, spring for a new engine only without kit.
thanks for sharing the video. hope you can get it sorted out
thanks. Is 124 psi good? i measured that yesterday.

i put 4 ounces in a gallon on premium and theres no change. The engine sounds much stronger but there is no power increase. My average ride time is less than 10 minnutes because Im so tired of peddling up hills. am i just not letting it get to operating temperature?

does it seem to smoke too much? you may have gotten pure oil into carb and then into bottom of motor

Back