Try a 50:1 ratio oil 2 stroke additive. Get one of those little bottles made for one gallon. Says 50:1. Mix that in a separate one gallon gas container. Add that mix to your bike gas tank... Why are you using an 8oz oil 2stroke additive to one gallon gas? Should be like 1.5oz oil 2 stroke additive
Also. Try replacing spark plug and gas lines/ filter every 500 miles.
I just replaced my carb and gas line as well as my spark plug. Ive never run a gas line filter because every time i install it the engine stops getting gas. My bikes tank is so close to the carb that when i add a filter to the line it makes the line run in an "s" shape which makes the gravity rain problematic.

You jinxed me bro, as soon as I started talking about how good my runs.... Now... When I throttle. My engine dies. Might be time for a carb upgrade. LoL

Should always mix your fuel and oil in a gallon container, shaken vigorously so it's completely mixed in.

I don't recommend mixing it in the bike's fuel tank as invariably the oil will seek the lowest part of the tank and concentrate some the fuel oil mix in the fuel line to carburetor, before the fuel gets to mix completely with the rest of the oil in the tank. Since the fuel lines are pretty big in diameter, you could possibly loose almost an ounce of oil to the fuel line. That could change a 32:1 premix ratio to over 40:1.

Always mix it separately.

FWIW, the 2.5 liter stock CG fuel tank is approximately 0.6604 gallons when filled to the neck. I always use non-ethanol supreme which is expensive, but my bikes and other small engines all run very nicely on it.

Non Ethanol gas is absolutely mandatory if you run pumper carburetors like chainsaws and gas string trimmers. Ethanol will destroy the Butyl pump membranes and other rubber diaphragm parts and if it reacts with water can cause carburetor corrosion if stored for a winter without running the engine and tanks out of fuel. I've been told that even though ethanol stabilizer will help extend the life of the fuel it doesn't stop the humidity in the air from bonding with ethanol.

Should always mix your fuel and oil in a gallon container, shaken vigorously so it's completely mixed in.

I don't recommend mixing it in the bike's fuel tank as invariably the oil will seek the lowest part of the tank and concentrate some the fuel oil mix in the fuel line to carburetor, before the fuel gets to mix completely with the rest of the oil in the tank. Since the fuel lines are pretty big in diameter, you could possibly loose almost an ounce of oil to the fuel line. That could change a 32:1 premix ratio to over 40:1.

Always mix it separately.
i do.

FWIW, the 2.5 liter stock CG fuel tank is approximately 0.6604 gallons when filled to the neck. I always use non-ethanol supreme which is expensive, but my bikes and other small engines all run very nicely on it.

Non Ethanol gas is absolutely mandatory if you run pumper carburetors like chainsaws and gas string trimmers. Ethanol will destroy the Butyl pump membranes and other rubber diaphragm parts and if it reacts with water can cause carburetor corrosion if stored for a winter without running the engine and tanks out of fuel. I've been told that even though ethanol stabilizer will help extend the life of the fuel it doesn't stop the humidity in the air from bonding with ethanol.
what is "FWIW" and "CG"

just a thought, can you rev out a gear before you shift? ride the top of its powerband
ok it's not oil issue. move on to carb. lots good 2 stroke mechanics here. they'll get you sorted

what is "FWIW" and "CG"

'For what it's worth' meaning my advice could or could not be helpful.

China Girl, also know as HT or Happy Time, nicknames for the make of these engines even though they're made by a number of different companies, their basic similarities lump them together as an engine class 'Two cycle bicycle engine kits' is harder to type than HT or CG.

just a thought, can you rev out a gear before you shift? ride the top of its powerband
ok it's not oil issue. move on to carb. lots good 2 stroke mechanics here. they'll get you sorted
I just don't really have that much room to ride and test I start down hill with 3 speed bumps in the way and the up then back down a massive hill. Im going to get on it soon and ride it until i cant even knowing its slow. eventually there must be some flat land.

What about the carb?

Should find a track field at a high school. Or a Wal-Mart or mall parking lot. Plenty flat land there LoL

Back