Yeah except he's running shift kit so the engine gearing is ran through the derailleur and freewheel cogs. I'm thinking the jackshaft part has some gears that are too tall.

yeah speed bumps are a pain,, gotta wait see what's like open road so you can lay on the throttle.
I'm thinking it's top-endy

Their is part of the problem. To much oil. 4 ozs. per gallon. If you want better performance on the hills Lewis was on to something, but it is easier to change the inner sprocket on the bottom bracket to a smaller size to accomplish the gearing change. I'm guessing you have the stock 44 outer 40 inner. Change the inner to a 36, and like crassius said get your oil mix right. Once you do this you could consider a #68 jet.

Their is part of the problem. To much oil. 4 ozs. per gallon. If you want better performance on the hills Lewis was on to something, but it is easier to change the inner sprocket on the bottom bracket to a smaller size to accomplish the gearing change. I'm guessing you have the stock 44 outer 40 inner. Change the inner to a 36, and like crassius said get your oil mix right. Once you do this you could consider a #68 jet.
is that jet for my altitude? does altitude even have anything to do with jets? I will get the gears. On my last outing I discovered that the end of my throttle cable housing is scrunching up against my throttle. I have ordered a new cable. I cut a washer to fit on the end of my throttle cable to extend the line, and it gave me more speed. I'll have to test it more if it ever stops raining.

is that jet for my altitude? does altitude even have anything to do with jets? I will get the gears. On my last outing I discovered that the end of my throttle cable housing is scrunching up against my throttle. I have ordered a new cable. I cut a washer to fit on the end of my throttle cable to extend the line, and it gave me more speed. I'll have to test it more if it ever stops raining.
It's close.

I have ordered a #68 jet, my inner is a 36 and my outer is a 44, since i cant upgrade from a 36 to a 36, should i then go smaller? Get a 24 tooth?

I got the throttle cable and jet, and while it's much easier to accelerate outs still slow. It's getting harder and harder to keep focused on working on it, because it's getting cold winter hit us hard and it's still October. It's 31 Fahrenheit today.

Yeah it's cooled off a bit here. West Coast we have mild winters, even in December it's not unusual to see 60 degree for a daytime high with a Pineapple Express storm coming in from Hawaii. Mostly upper 40's lower 50's with a rare snow storm every 5 years or so.

I'm still thinking your shifter kitted gearing is the big issue: When you release your clutch in your video, the engine bogs and struggles because it's trying to run at an rpm that's just a couple hundred above idle. Later, this next year see if you can buy a larger primary drive jackshaft sprocket, the second sprocket on the left side of the engine. Going from a 10 tooth on the engine to a 15 on the jackshaft or bigger will speed your engine up. It will make starting your bike harder when shifted to first or second gears though.

Yeah it's cooled off a bit here. West Coast we have mild winters, even in December it's not unusual to see 60 degree for a daytime high with a Pineapple Express storm coming in from Hawaii. Mostly upper 40's lower 50's with a rare snow storm every 5 years or so.

I'm still thinking your shifter kitted gearing is the big issue: When you release your clutch in your video, the engine bogs and struggles because it's trying to run at an rpm that's just a couple hundred above idle. Later, this next year see if you can buy a larger primary drive jackshaft sprocket, the second sprocket on the left side of the engine. Going from a 10 tooth on the engine to a 15 on the jackshaft or bigger will speed your engine up. It will make starting your bike harder when shifted to first or second gears though.
That's okay though because I hardly ever pedal start my engine. I'll see about buying it sooner rather than later.

Back