Engine Dieing

CamTheMan

Local time
2:50 PM
Hey there,
My engine starts with a bit of fuel shot down the carburetor then shortly dies out afterwards(sounds like kill switch being pressed). If ihold it at full throttle with clutch in it will die then start up again continuously untill it completely dies. I took the float bowl off and it is getting fuel. I've put on a new carb and that hasn't solved either. I also changed all the electrics on it (CDI, spark plug, stater coil) and it still won't run. I unplugged the kill switch and it still does it.
Any ideas?

Hey there,
My engine starts with a bit of fuel shot down the carburetor then shortly dies out afterwards(sounds like kill switch being pressed). If ihold it at full throttle with clutch in it will die then start up again continuously untill it completely dies. I took the float bowl off and it is getting fuel. I've put on a new carb and that hasn't solved either. I also changed all the electrics on it (CDI, spark plug, stater coil) and it still won't run. I unplugged the kill switch and it still does it.
Any ideas?
The bike also has a differnt carburetor and a reed valve kit on but it ran with them on for months then this problem randomly happend

I am not an expert, but what you are explaining makes me think of what mine did when my crank seal came out. Have you tested for air leaks? Don't forget to check the crank seals also for air leaks.
I've done a bottom end rebuild and took the reed valve off and put original Intake back on. I also checked for airleaks on the Intake and its all fine. Still got the issue tho

Is your gas tank vapor locking?

If you unplug the gas line from the carburetor does gas drip out?

What Gap do you have your spark plug set at?

What size of carburetor jet are you running?

Back