Engine dies uphill!!! (Don't laugh)

Local time
6:25 AM
I was doing good until u replaced the factory cdi with a high performance cdi and a high performance carburetor.when I go uphills the motor seems to loose power even at full throttle.I checked the spark plug and it was really diety like gunk of oil. I cleaned the carburetor, the spark plug, and the spark plug hole. I have to pedal to get up hills and it is still not enough. I need a solution by Wednesday night so please help me. Even after the cleaning it still won't go up hills. It feels like I am not getting the full throttle I had the other day.

problem is the jets in the carb have too large holes allowing too much gas to flow. (or the air filter is too restrictive [which can happen from too much oil on it])
go to http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/jetting.html
The second half is about how to jet a normal carburetor. The stock NT carb is not normal in that it doesn't have an idle jet with a separate circuit for it.

go back to CDI & carb you had - most 'performance' parts are a waste of money

An upgraded carb and cdi are a great start to performance . Will say this and leave it be. As with all performance Carbarator the trick is to tune it. You can't just throw a carb on and expect it to be a magic cure. Sounds to me you need to tune up the Carbarator. Myself have had excellent luck with boost bottles and the performance Carbarators but only when I've tuned the Carbarator to where I lived and also rejetted them.

Back