Engine dies uphill!!! (Don't laugh)

What do you mean the choke is bad? Actually it's not even a choke, it's an enricher, it introduces a larger orifice with a path to the carb bowl and its own separate path into the carb throat.

It shouldn't be dialed in, if the main and idle jets and the needle are in good then the choke is fine. The main and idle jets are different sized threads. If you hook the breather and the overflow and the oil injection tubes up wrong you'll have problems. If you make the choke cable too tight it may stay open or open in turns when the slack might get pulled too much. There should be a spring on top of the choke barrel under the carb cap, if it's not the barrel won't seat and you'll run too rich always. If the choke barrel gets sticky with old fuel or whatever it might not close. Even a grain of sand in that part can lock it open, this is common if the rubber cable boot gets torn open or never installed on the top of the cap.

It's an annoying carburetor when put side by side with other carburetors available but it can be dialed in nicely for any motor and is capable of taking deeper breaths when you tune a motor for very high power. Notice they don't foam up too easily in colder weather either, and have a nice 'soft valve' for the bowl, so the valve shuts well and doesn't get destroyed by engine vibration as easily. Never had one flood a bike from a faulty valve, and the float height doesn't matter as much because it's not as touchy and has bigger floats which seems more stable.

I like it, I'm used to it, and I can dial them rather quick, the key is knowing how the bike is riding at low med and high throttle before changing them up.

Even more glad somebody followed up with some additional CNS info.

I've always thrown them away LOL maybe next time ill get elbow deep in it and figure it out. I've never seen one working, well anyways.

Frankinstien, You seem to be knowlegable on these cns carbs . I just got the cns carb and my problem is it starts and revs fine while the clutch is pulled in. As soon as I try to let the clutch out and there is any load on the motor it bogs and dies. I've already tried different clip positions. I guess i need to know which way to go on the main.

Frankinstien, You seem to be knowlegable on these cns carbs . I just got the cns carb and my problem is it starts and revs fine while the clutch is pulled in. As soon as I try to let the clutch out and there is any load on the motor it bogs and dies. I've already tried different clip positions. I guess i need to know which way to go on the main.
Did you change the air filter? and what jet is in it currently?

Did you change the air filter? and what jet is in it currently?
Just finnished the build yesterday. It has the bannana expansion chamber, rse reed valve, transfers have been matched, exhaust port has been raised 1mm and piston has been drilled. My other bike has all the same things done to it other than I'm using the arrow reed valve with the mikuni vm18 carb. (Runs fantastic) this is the first time ive used the cns carb. Everything I read states it was a mikuni knock-off and i had no problem jetting the 18. Everything I've done says to me I should jet up. My problem with the cns is I can't tell if it's a lean bog or a rich bog. What do you think?

And you are sure there's no leak? Please send a picture of your carb, sometimes people get their tubes crosswired and it messes up stuff.
The over flow tube that comes out of the bottom I have running down under the bike. The tube that comes out next to pilot screw wraps down under carb. It no longer runs into air filter. I was told that caused nothing but problem by changing presures in the idle circuit. I know it has the ability to suck dirt directly into the circuit but it's brand new and should still not make it bog right now. Maybe im wrong

I'll send a picture in just a few. I'm getting ready to go out to the shop now.

I have read two different things now about then cable activated enrichment circuit. Is the choke on when the cable is pulled and the plunger is raised or is it on when the plunger is seated in the down position? In my mind it is on when cable is pulled but I just read something else.

Back