Engine dies when i open the throttle

Kiwi

Local time
2:04 PM
I have one of those 2-stroke kits on my Stingray. It runs fine if you keep the throttle steady... but if I open up the throttle the engine will rev a little and then drop off to something that sounds like idling to me. I can still get my bike up to speed, but i have to pay close attention to where i keep the throttle.
Hope this makes sense

P.s. I searched around and didn't find an answer this... if you know what search string to use, pleas let me know

I'm going to have to agree with Pablo sound like its starving, could always try to move the clip on the needle to adjust air/fuel.

starved of air or of fuel? My fuel line has a dip in it ( the line goes from he tank, down and then back up a little bit, and then back into the engine, is that a problem)

another piece of info... if i have to much oil in the mix... would this cause the same problem?

Try aslo to remove the filter inside the tank and replace with a external fuel filter. It's common sometimes for the in-tank filter to restrict fuel flow.

starved of air or of fuel? My fuel line has a dip in it ( the line goes from he tank, down and then back up a little bit, and then back into the engine, is that a problem)

As noted, make sure you have excellent fuel flow with tank lid on, before you go any further.

Well, i got it working.
I took the throttle apart and moved the little C-clamp on the brass pin so it is now 1 notch from the bottom ( the bottom being the part of the needle that goes down into the carb.) Fixed the problem. Now i need to re tune my idle and i'll be good to go.
Thanks for the help

Back