engine dying

Bigdave86

Local time
2:09 PM
I finally finished building my first motorizedbike. running into one problem when i come to a complete stop with the clutch lever squeezed trying to keep the engine running the engine die out does anyone know why it doing that.

I finally finished building my first motorizedbike. running into one problem when i come to a complete stop with the clutch lever squeezed trying to keep the engine running the engine die out does anyone know why it doing that.

Guess a little more info is required...

1) Does it appear the clutch is fully disengaged at a full stop? No chugging/lurching at near-stop?

2) Have you been able to test idle, maybe on a stand (which could also answer question #1, if you can get that rear wheel off the ground to test it)?

On the side of your carb there is an idle screw you got to turn that to the right until you like the idle.

Guess a little more info is required...

1) Does it appear the clutch is fully disengaged at a full stop? No chugging/lurching at near-stop?

2) Have you been able to test idle, maybe on a stand (which could also answer question #1, if you can get that rear wheel off the ground to test it)?
when i come to a complete stop while holding down the clutch it die out i have to feather the throttle a bit to keep the engine running even when feathering the throttle the engine slowly fade away

when i come to a complete stop while holding down the clutch it die out i have to feather the throttle a bit to keep the engine running even when feathering the throttle the engine slowly fade away

Not sure what you have for a working stand, but see if you can get it somewhere with the rear wheel off the ground (dual-leg stand, rear-end stand, or whatever). Start it up and see what happens at idle with the clutch disengaged.

1) If you get rear wheel spin-up with the clutch disengaged (lever pulled), that’s a problem that needs resolved first.

2) If you don’t have rear wheel spin with the clutch disengaged, and it still won’t stay running, you’ve got idle screw or fuel adjustments to address.

Back