Engine explosion

J

jammydude7

has any ones engine blown up or exploded and what kinda damage did it do to well mainly to you since the engine is not that far away from your crouch

I think from reading the only way to explode one is with nitrous oxide? It would be hilarious to see at a distance with nobody nearby to get hurt I am sure but otherwise do not try it

never on a bike but I left the nitros armed after a burnout at the Pamona drags ONCE :eek: ! I'll never do it again. I still have a problem with my hearing

From my experience most two stroke engine failures are piston related. The piston overheats and expands causing it to seize or detonation burns a hole in the top. The engines tend to lock up quickly when seized which can cause a problem as the wheel will usually lock up also. They don't seem to violently explode into many bits, though it would be more dramatic.

Don't worry, the family jewels are safe with these engines. I have tried but haven't blown one yet.

We had an old Wizzer when we kids just sitting in the garrage when we moved there. You could definately see some major damage to the jug.
The base of the main rod was sticking out. Someone could have hurt their leg fairly bad.
Note: We used it to hook onto a tow rope with tricycles, bicycles and a gocart pulled behind one big Ass! Literally!
Poor Ass pulled us for miles! :)
Doc :D

Back