Engine Trouble engine froze what do i do

flyinglady-01

Local time
3:02 PM
hello im new here and i need some help. im fairly familiar with how 80cc engines work. by ive never had to disassemble one until now. this is my first ever motor and i dont want to get a new one if i can help it. ive done some research online and a little hands on poking around the actual motor. and for clarity this is a pedal start. so whenever i try to start the motor like any other pedal start it now does an instantaneous stop. the bevel gear i think thats what its called doesnt move at all like it should. i used to be able to move the sprocket with the noise like a grandfather clocks geats would sound. but now that gear is stuck or something else with the piston is causing it to be immovable. if any of you have had this issue do reply cus im not ready to lose this motor just yet. and no i dont have the special tool needed to remove that gear.

Attachments

• IMG_20221027_171028.jpg
    IMG_20221027_171028.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 68
hello im new here and i need some help. im fairly familiar with how 80cc engines work. by ive never had to disassemble one until now. this is my first ever motor and i dont want to get a new one if i can help it. ive done some research online and a little hands on poking around the actual motor. and for clarity this is a pedal start. so whenever i try to start the motor like any other pedal start it now does an instantaneous stop. the bevel gear i think thats what its called doesnt move at all like it should. i used to be able to move the sprocket with the noise like a grandfather clocks geats would sound. but now that gear is stuck or something else with the piston is causing it to be immovable. if any of you have had this issue do reply cus im not ready to lose this motor just yet. and no i dont have the special tool needed to remove that gear.
Are you confident enough to remove the cylinder head, & then take a few good pics of the cylinder walls & piston crown. Might help determine if its cylinder related problem or gears/bearing issues.

If you need any guidance in disassembly there are some good.videos out there on YouTube. The part that most people have the most trouble with is the bevel gear screw. An impact driver (old school hammer style) and a properly sized bit make a big difference in removing it.

An electric impact gun is handy for removing the other gear and sprocket nuts, but it isn't necessary and can be done the old school way. You can try to use said gun on the bevel gear as well, but make sure you have a tight fitting bit and press down pretty hard before pulling the trigger.

This Bit Set is very handy for an impact driver as it has nice big flat head bits as well as a fairly rare No. 4 Phillips. I have two of them, one for work, one at home.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Before you start rippin the motor apart I would seriously consider to take a peek under the clutch cover and see if thats working and adjusted properly.

there are many videos on youtube and here that can teach you.

Back