Engine help

James98189741

Local time
8:19 AM
I changed both seals on my motor bc the engine kept idling high. Problem fixed. Now my minarelli engine is hard to start won't idle four strokes alot and there seams to be a grinding sound coming from crankcase like a bearing is real bad. I'm at a loss. Seems way worse than before I fixed it and playing w positions on the c clip makes no difference. Also engine studders hard especially when not accelerating.

I changed both seals on my motor bc the engine kept idling high. Problem fixed. Now my minarelli engine is hard to start won't idle four strokes alot and there seams to be a grinding sound coming from crankcase like a bearing is real bad. I'm at a loss. Seems way worse than before I fixed it and playing w positions on the c clip makes no difference. Also engine studders hard especially when not accelerating.
Did you buy the hamsters in the engine any power tools? Hamsters are really bad with tools. I bet they are the reason the seals went bad, and they may have been beating on the crank, causing the bearings to bad. I'd pull it apart and find out just exactly what them hamsters have been up too. Better to do it now, than to wait for it to totally destroy itself.

Sounds alot like the crank is out of true.

If the crank is out of true, the engine will vibrate like a paint shaker, and in extreme scenarios the balance wheels can tap the inner case or stress the bearings till they grind and fail.

An out of true crank is also the single fastest way to destroy crank seals in less than 10 minutes running.

An engine with enough extra parasitic drag will stutter and sputter like it's rich, doesn't matter if it's an out of true crank or a nearly seized bearings...anything that prevents it from from running at optimum performance can do that as well, like overly tight chain or bad clutch bearings
Thats what it has to be. Thanks

I think it may be that I overheated the bearing or pinched it
Trying to get that damn small bevel gear off

Back