Engine Horsepower?

constructive critasizum. i'll have an acurate speedo test done with a vehical. it hasnt quite hit 50mph really. 48.7mph on a schwinn speedometer. after the blower arrives from the states i'll keep yall posted.

really?

i tell you what you lyin P O S and i quote "shattered 50 with my 36t" (ok i fixed your crappy spelling) and that is from another post on THIS FORUM! how fast can you backtrack????????????????????????????????????????????????

i tell you what you lyin P O S and i quote "shattered 50 with my 36t" (ok i fixed your crappy spelling) and that is from another post on THIS FORUM! how fast can you backtrack????????????????????????????????????????????????
Dude, why are you getting so worked up! Relax, It's "know it all" like you that take the fun out posting. It's not his fault that you can't get your bike to go over 35mph.
I can get my bike to hit 50 if I change my gearing. You going to call me a liar too?:rolleyes:

just to clarify for some people in regards to nitro fuel and octane boosting for the 2 stroke.

nitro fuel will make more horsepower than gasoline, mixing it with gas is probably not a good idea. but regardless nitro will yield better horsepower out of any engine, its just a good thing these bikes aren't standard electric start or everyone trying this would light themselves on fire. :D

more horsepower is not yielded from just boosting the octane, it is however gained from using the correct octane, that does not always mean that if your engines is not detonating its making the most horsepower. you need to expirament and find out what numbers make the engine run the best. however generally with the little 50cc 2 strokes that most people run i doubt you would ever need over the lowest octane at the pump. also remember that the pre-mix makes the gas more resistant to detonation in the first place.

Exactly right- nitro has 25% of the energy content as gasoline, but you can burn 8.7 times more nitro with the same amount of oxygen. This means you have to get the carb to deliver 4 time more fuel than gasoline to equal gasoline. If you want more power, you have to go up from there.

Point of fact- if you increase the fuel delivery in you engine enough to run on nitro- it will not run on gasoline. If you do not increase the fuel delivery, ay best, power will not increase.

idk what i'm doin really. but the mix i have right now is bursts and doesnt sputter. if i put in too much nitro the engine will go top rpm and not stop unless i cut the air. it is dangerous. it is power. i love it.

stop right there.. i havnt modified my carburator.

Someone on another thread linked a nitro carb for 2 strokes. But at 20 dollars a gallon I dont think it would be worth it to run 8 times more fuel. Unless it was in some sort of a racing application.
Just so you know zetti. Nitro doesnt suspend in gasoline. They dont mix freely unless you add another chemical. The exhaust from the mix is very corrosive and the fumes are toxic. I believe you will do more damage to your engine than it is worth.

no need for that. i dont care bout fumes.. the engine i have is vary reliable for sum reason. it's lasted 2 years and that's after i bought it from sumone els. all good.

Back