Engine Horsepower?

J

joeranton

What would be the best way to get the most horsepower out of a chinese 80cc engine. Would it be a good idea to get the cylinder bored out slightly and get a bigger, lighter piston to fit the cylinder. Would that allow me to get more RPMs out of my engine. Please comment.

nope

these aluminum chinese engines have chrome plating on the cylinder walls.
that allows for NO boring....or even honing for that matter. anybody..feel free to correct me...?

Boring and hopping up motor.

Boring will ruin the motor. It has a coating, flame spray chrome and nickel type. Not a steel liner. The Flame spray is what allows the motors to be made inexpensively. Some Honda, Weed eaters and such use this technology. Not sure why anyone would want to hop up a Dax or Howell motor, being that they are plenty fast out of the box. Anything faster can not be safe for a bicycle and for sure the police will not like a bicycle going 50 or 60mph through town. Try your best to keep under the radar so that the police will not get mad at us motor assisted bicycle owners..Thanks...Enjoy the ride.

couldn't agree more. if you want more speed get a 32 or 36 tooth sproket. l changed from a 48 to a 36 and it's way faster and you'll defintely feel it, anyway good luck to boring it out :D

Boring = death to a Nikasil or similarly lined engine.
Optimize what you have through proper carb adjustments and other things like aerodynamics and weight reduction.
Buy a scooter or a motorcycle if you need more power.

Thanks for the informative information. I didn't know much about the cylinder walls. You guys really help out alot. Thanks for your time. This is becoming an addiction for me. I'm probably gonna come out with more crazy projects once I actually get my engine. THis will be my second. My first one was a 60cc. I wasn't too thrilled with the power.

thats not strictly true..... u can rebore a nikasil or similar plated bore you just have to get it replated after.. not that cheap...

I do not think there is.........

I do not think there is enough meat to do any boring for any purpose.

Yes there is I have done it to two 80cc jugs so far, BUT!!! there's no room for mistakes you can blow right thought the side of the jug if done wrong

Back