Engine installed on bike, Fueled up but not Turning over

N

Night_Rider

Well I got the engine on Friday and Got it installed on Saturday. Went on here before registering and made sure the wireing was correct, and Made sure the Right Mixture went in. Before going to start it up I decided to see if I had spark. Nothing!!! There was no spark. I checked and check the wireing but nothing. Ive spent awhile searching the web and these fourms but I cant find anything that works. The wires going to the Magneto are Black, Blue, and white. Coming from the CDI are Blue and Black. The Wire coming from the Ground and one from the Kill Switch. PLS Help, My seller told me the fourm would help me out. Thks

Take your kill switch off first. Make sure your wires are not touching. Make sure your spark plug wire is screwed in. did you unscrew the little top on the spark plug?

SO I should take off the Kill Switch Wire? Where Do I then put it? And I notice that the little thing on top of the plug does unscrew, Should it be taken off? its not plastic its like a metal. I replaced the spark plug and the Spark plug wire. Got it screwed in but still nothing.!

ok thks I will try it tomorrow when there is light out and post my results.

Throw away that worthless kill switch and buy an upgraded one from fleabay. The stock kill switch can fail in open and closed position.

Check your spark plug wire where it goes into the coil (black box). See if it is loose. Try to turn it in, righty tighty. It grabs onto a screw.

I agree.

Remove the kill switch until you get it running. Also, remove the crown from the top of your plug so you only have the threads showing. Then connect to spark plug and lay spark plug against side of motor so it is touching metal. Spin motor and visually look for spark at the tip of the spark plug. . Let us know . Thanks..

HI Duane,

Along the same lines as the kill switch problem...will your new kits get or ever get the throttle handle with the kill switch built on to it?...Just curious...I still choke the engine out tho.

Andrew

Back