engine is extremely hard to start

All starting problems usually electrical. I even went as far as soldering the connections from CDI, magneto and kill switch. Have zero electrical issues. I've never gap'd the spark plugs that come with the CDI, magneto kit.
This engine has roughly 3,300 miles on it.

All starting problems usually electrical. I even went as far as soldering the connections from CDI, magneto and kill switch. Have zero electrical issues. I've never gap'd the spark plugs that come with the CDI, magneto kit.
ive done that as well (soldered the wires all together to eliminate the connectors, nearly 1500 miles on mine and still going strong), but his engine is a 4 stroke engine, he says it runs but its hard to start. i think the spark plug is bad. but i would spray some carb clean just in case.

WD40 works a starting fluid also..........But sounds like the valves need to be set, says he has good spark............Curt

Cheapass oem plug might be bad too, cracked or internally grounding out.

WD40 works a starting fluid also..........But sounds like the valves need to be set, says he has good spark............Curt
i would check that also, i forgot about them lol
check to see if theirs a intake or exhaust leak. it will make that hard to start if it doesn't have enough fuel.
but, start with the plug.

He tore his hs 142-f down. I'm curious if the timing is off, or if the magneto isn't gapped correct, or if valves were lashed properly.

4 stroke. Sound like oil got into your combustion chamber. Right? 2 stroke has oil/gas mix. 4 stroke has its own oil chamber and gas is run as is? Correct?
What did this cause your spark not to spark?

Is this a 49cc 4 stroke? Unbranded or huasheng? I wonder if such engines are capable of 8k or even 10k. If oil was changed often maybe.

Is this a 49cc 4 stroke? Unbranded or huasheng? I wonder if such engines are capable of 8k or even 10k. If oil was changed often maybe.
I believe shocker has a 2 stroke, which will rev really high (my 2 stroke will rev up to 11k on the tach, It sounds like a mini hyper bike!) The OP has a 49cc 4 stroke, which will probably do 5000 at the most (safely)
there capable of much more but you need stiffer valve springs, and a stronger flywheel wouldn't hurt.

I believe shocker has a 2 stroke, which will rev really high (my 2 stroke will rev up to 11k on the tach, It sounds like a mini hyper bike!) The OP has a 49cc 4 stroke, which will probably do 5000 at the most (safely)
there capable of much more but you need stiffer valve springs, and a stronger flywheel wouldn't hurt.
Oh I meant miles not rpm but actually the gxh50 clones are high rpm engines and can rev to 7k or more (go as fast as a stock 79cc) 30 ish mph or more.

Back