Engine Trouble Engine Is Jerky At Low Speed

cosworth

Local time
3:18 PM
I've got about 50 miles on my new motor and thought the engine would smooth out by now. Problem is that between 12-15 mph (approximately) the engine jerks. It isn't until it get over that range does it smooth out - some what. I've read the forum and have looked for a cure (i.e. O ring in the carb to seal out air, check all gaskets, tighten all nuts, played with needle positioning, went hotter and colder on the plug, went to a heavy duty chain with CNC machined sprocket and hub drive etc. I'm open to any and all suggestions

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_beach_scene_2.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_beach_scene_2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 386
  • rsz_first_cruiser_bike 1.jpg
    rsz_first_cruiser_bike 1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 443
kind of a general problem with 2-strokes - power isn't steady all across the throttle range

you're kinda stuck with big sprocket for low speed smoothness or smaller sprocket for top speed

other option is to go with a shift kit

kind of a general problem with 2-strokes - power isn't steady all across the throttle range

you're kinda stuck with big sprocket for low speed smoothness or smaller sprocket for top speed

other option is to go with a shift kit

I appreciate you input. If I had done more research, or knew about the forum before hand, I would have gone with a shifter kit.
Thanks again for your time.

My did the same thing jerked at low speed and stopped at higher speeds.
In my case the engine was bran new less then 25 miles on it but it had a broken clutch spring

Back