engine keeps chocking up and dies

stephen7689

Local time
12:18 AM
My engine runs fine when cold and with choke on and off but when I give it gas it chokes up bogs out and tries to stall what's going on I checked everything it's all air tight I even moved the throttle needle and made the gas/air more lean and still the same it just started up out of nowhere

check that the jet isn't clogged and that fuel runs freely to the carb and that the float height is adjusted correctly

OK I did everything on there and engine still won't start I pulled the plug and everything is soaked I even have some coming out the upper head gasket and I have it tightened to 15lbs but I'm guessing I'm getting too much fuel and I can't adjust it to stop so I ordered another carb hopefully that works

carbs are designed to work up to 30 degrees from the horizontal.

I hope he didn't order another stock carb. replacing s**t with s**t is no solution.

Yeah carb is straight I have the nt speed carb I ordered a stock one with 5 tuning jets for $10 no biggie but I've tried everything tomorrow I'm going to take the whole top end off and have a look around during and clean it up cause there's a lot of gas coming out top head gasket

don't bother with carb until you check head gasket - 15lb means nothing if your acorn nuts are stuck on the studs - you may just need more flat washers up there

Back