Engine Kit Comparison

Local time
9:39 AM
So I was looking to get into motorized bikes and was wonder which of these motors was the best, I understand that the 100cc motor has more raw power but would the bells and whistles on the 80cc give it better performance? Thanks in advance-Braden

So I was looking to get into motorized bikes and was wonder which of these motors was the best, I understand that the 100cc motor has more raw power but would the bells and whistles on the 80cc give it better performance? Thanks in advance-Braden
Let me throw a curve ball at you with another engine to consider.
Below are pics of mine with the Zeda 80 motor, (in black)...Ive had other 66/80s before this one and this is far better, it also is a ceramic lined cylinder, much like the ceramics used as the heat shielding on the space shuttles...Read the specs that are in that website and compare...DAMIEN

This link is very detailed comparisons of the Zeda vs other 66/80s and 80/100s.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
LoL gonna be honest, this is a little over my head I'm fairly new to this whole bike engine thing, I was trying to make one out of a chain saw XD, so I'm thinking that anything would be better, due to my inexperience in this department I would be willing to trust your word, If you say the Zeda is better I would trust that. I just wanted to know which was better 😃 so a more straightforward answer would be appreciated for an iddiot of my sorts.
Thanks in advance-Braden

LoL gonna be honest, this is a little over my head I'm fairly new to this whole bike engine thing, I was trying to make one out of a chain saw XD, so I'm thinking that anything would be better, due to my inexperience in this department I would be willing to trust your word, If you say the Zeda is better I would trust that. I just wanted to know which was better 😃 so a more straightforward answer would be appreciated for an iddiot of my sorts.
Thanks in advance-Braden
I would definitly recommend the Zeda 80 or Zeda 100...Im able to put almost anything together and get it to run myself, but not everyone has this ability...I will strenuously suggest that if you build one of these and not having experience, Please have a mechanically knowledgeable person helping you with it...It will minimise much heartache through mistakes being made...Just my 2 cents worth...lol...DAMIEN

I would definitly recommend the Zeda 80 or Zeda 100...Im able to put almost anything together and get it to run myself, but not everyone has this ability...I will strenuously suggest that if you build one of these and not having experience, Please have a mechanically knowledgeable person helping you with it...It will minimise much heartache through mistakes being made...Just my 2 cents worth...lol...DAMIEN
Where do you recommend buying one of these from?

And what sprocket size do you recommend I'm 135 lbs for reference
If your looking for overall speed on the flats, less torque in the low speeds, meaning some pedal assist starting out, then you would want a 36 tooth, thats what i use.
For less top end performance but more lower end torque for taking off, you would want a 40 or 44 tooth sprocket...At your weight of 135, you could do quite well with the 36 tooth since your weight requires less torque to get going to begin with...lol...Im 215 pds and my bike weighs in at 75 to 80 pds...lol...DAMIEN

If your looking for overall speed on the flats, less torque in the low speeds, meaning some pedal assist starting out, then you would want a 36 tooth, thats what i use.
For less top end performance but more lower end torque for taking off, you would want a 40 or 44 tooth sprocket...At your weight of 135, you could do quite well with the 36 tooth since your weight requires less torque to get going to begin with...lol...Im 215 pds and my bike weighs in at 75 to 80 pds...lol...DAMIEN
And where do you recommend I buy one, some of the sites look sketchy 😂

Where do you recommend buying one of these from?
bicycle-engines.com...The same site that i provided the link from...FYI...Their phone number is on top left corner of their site page...I always order from them this way...Very good to deal with, great customer service...Let them know that a customer of theirs, (Thats me, real name Robb from Alamogordo NM), sent you to them...They will treat you quite well...DAMIEN

EDIT...they are up in Montana.

Back