Engine Kit Throttle Mod - Use Your Own Grips

Yeah I said very plainly in the video that I didn't want to use one of those. Also, when are you shipping me my compressor? You haven't even asked for my address yet.

I was too busy laughing :LOL: to listen to every word you said. Excuse me

BTW You should pay more attention. :LOL: I'm not the one who suggested using a compressor
If you post your address I'll make sure @Chainlube get's it. (y)

Why didn't ya just drop it in boiling water then pull it apart? super easy to do... That lube will haunt you for a long time to come!

Why didn't ya just drop it in boiling water then pull it apart? super easy to do... That lube will haunt you for a long time to come!
The "lube" I used is electronics cleaner. It completely evaporates in seconds and leaves no residue.

I actually use a real atv throttle assembly. Then buy whatever grips i want on the bike. They are always so much more comfortable than stock grips from the kit or bike. And look sweet too. Plus the real assembly gives you way better throttle cable tension. An they are only like 15 bucks for any color. 30 bucks for sweet grips and an assembly.

Not true. Use WD-40 to put some grips on, wait 2 minutes and you'll be forced to use your compressor to get them back off again.
Plus I used electronic contact cleaner which evaporates completely in seconds and leaves zero residue.

I actually use a real atv throttle assembly. Then buy whatever grips i want on the bike. They are always so much more comfortable than stock grips from the kit or bike. And look sweet too. Plus the real assembly gives you way better throttle cable tension. An they are only like 15 bucks for any color. 30 bucks for sweet grips and an assembly.
In the future I may upgrade, but at the time I was more concerned with not spending where I didn't need to. The experiment was 100% successful so if anyone ever wants to use their own grips on the kit throttle this will definitely work for them.

Back