engine knock

F

foyeburger

hi all need some help here . i got this knock in the engine runs fine just has this kinda knock in it and the engine will jerk to the left a tad. the engine does not have to be running either i can pull in the cluch and lock it and move the bike back and forth and hear this knock which jerks the engine slight ly to the left then back roll some more about 10 feet then klunk and jerk and back again any body got any ideas ive checked all the nuts and bolts motor mounts i cannot figure it out i took the plug out and whatched the piston go up and down seems to be ok. im wondering if it not some kinda roller bearing just wondering if anybodys ran across this . i have another engine replacement motor but its my back up just in case but any idea would most be appriciated larry ca

sprocket

Look at the sprocket and see if you have any teath missing, check the chain, and rear sprocket too, seems like a good idea.

ok figured it out somehow when i spliced the chain backtogether i went and put the wrong two ends back together which was leaving a longer space in the chain therefore making it skip which also chewed up the roller so ill fix it tommorro getting late thanks for that tip i would have torn the engine apart or used my spare much appriciated larry ca

Chain

Cool, once I had my sprocket on the back not centered and my chain kept getting tight then loose. It took me forever to figure it out and it was simple.

Back